Facebook old aquaintenace

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I was on FB today, I am not into it at all just as a disclosure up front, but I have a page there for the B&B so I added some newer blog articles and info to it.
Doing a search for the page brought up the B&B name on someone else's FB page, the old owners - prev to the owners we purchased from. Interesting to see a link to our FB page from someone we have never met, and who was PRE our online presence. They didn't add themselves to be fans or liked our FB page which I thought they might since they obv found the page, just added the link to their online bio. If a guest mentions them I might be inclined to have a tizzy. You know, how all of this was their doing, and all that crud, how I am obv their granddaughter and was handed the business on a platter, and other comments from those who think we don't actually work at this. I guess I am a bit territorial. LOL
Also do you have a Tr ip a dvis or page for your B&B on FB? I can't recall adding it, but it is there.

That is just weird. To have it in their profile certainly would imply to someone not in the know that they are the owners. Then who does that make you (like you said). I see now it shows as their place of employment, which is odd, too.
OK, that is odd about TA, I do a search for your place on FB and it brings up a TA link.

That's really odd considering that they've been out of the biz for a fairly good amount of time. When I searched, I didn't find them.

Searching is so weird on there. I found that TA page, and then couldn't then got it again. They have attached a link to a "community page" and yet mine is a business page. There seems to be many more pages going on behind the scenes and somehow they connect to me, who doesn't want a personal page at all. :)

Back