Facebook Pages Strengthen Customer Perception

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm out there. I'm doing this. But my guests are not there, too. SOME of them are. But most are not. Not to say future guests aren't lurking because many of the comments I get now are from guests who are coming later in the year. Most of the time tho it feels like a mutual admiration society where I 'like' something on another inn's page and they like something on mine. Yeah, I guess that gets the news out there, but it seems like a closed circle.

I think they are saying it can add to trust and we all know how hard it is to build that.

I think they are saying it can add to trust and we all know how hard it is to build that..
toddburme said:
I think they are saying it can add to trust and we all know how hard it is to build that.
It probably works better for big businsses than little ones. (Building trust that is, I think trust is kind of built in already with a small biz where you actually talk to the owner when you call! I've heard my FB page is dang hard to find. Sometimes even I can't find it doing a search!
I don't blast it all over my website and I can say with some certainty that 1 person has clicked the link in my email newsletter. In 6 months. 1 person. It's ok, I keep up with my guests in other ways.
But I am still trying to make connections in other places.

I get it. I feel this way when I go to a very vague website. Nothing personal, no personal touches to be found, no innkeeper smiling faces, it is just cold. It is the same thing, add some personality to your website and your marketing for goodness sakes innkeepers! It can be subtle, it can be slight, it can be bold, what are they going to find at your inn?
Guests told me today who said they will be back, "Your B&B is exactly how you present online, we find that refreshing" That was a huge compliment. We all battle this "If we take staged photos will all guests think they will have wild orchids on their beds?" So keeping it real is always good. But let it be "you" if it is YOUR INN. Even if the building style or location is not necessarily your style, it can still be "you."

I get it. I feel this way when I go to a very vague website. Nothing personal, no personal touches to be found, no innkeeper smiling faces, it is just cold. It is the same thing, add some personality to your website and your marketing for goodness sakes innkeepers! It can be subtle, it can be slight, it can be bold, what are they going to find at your inn?
Guests told me today who said they will be back, "Your B&B is exactly how you present online, we find that refreshing" That was a huge compliment. We all battle this "If we take staged photos will all guests think they will have wild orchids on their beds?" So keeping it real is always good. But let it be "you" if it is YOUR INN. Even if the building style or location is not necessarily your style, it can still be "you.".
Joey Bloggs said:
"Your B&B is exactly how you present online, we find that refreshing"
Compliment for you but slam for the industry as a whole. (And that can certainly include ANY kind of lodging.) 'Refreshing' implies they don't see honesty very often. Bad.
And, not to hark back yet again to review sites, but this is something they actually do very well. Those shots of the beach? 4 lane highway between your hotel and that beach, yet that highway is magically missing from the photos taken from 'your balcony'. It won't be missing from the reviews.
So, yeah, keep it real, play up what you've got and be personable. But don't misrepresent.

Back