Facebook support call

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Did anyone else get this? It did not show Facebook on caller id and was a woman who sounded okay, with an extension to call re our page as a business listing. I am not going to call back, just thought i would ask if you had a call like this of late?

I would presume it was someone who wants to get paid to create or "improve" your facebook page for your inn. If it's important, they will call back, and leave a more detailed message.
I've never heard of facebook calling anyone. If there is a problem, they just shut down profiles or pages until it is sorted out.

We've gotten quite a few and most of them are going to help us improve our page. I tell them we don't have one. They tell me they're looking at it. I say someone else must have started it then.
They aren't going to do anything more for me than I could do myself.

I got this call today from someone at "NetBiz" in their FB division. They called at 5:45 as DH was doing the last of 5 check-ins for the day and I was cooking dinner. They were none too kindly told to take us OFF their calling list.

No calls from FB but have had a couple of emails regarding my business FB page and they claim to be from FB.
Also received calls in past from NetBiz.... told them to remove me, calls continued for a month or more with me stating the same. Sometimes I wish for the old phones again so I could slam the phone down... That always made a statement!

I got this call today from someone at "NetBiz" in their FB division. They called at 5:45 as DH was doing the last of 5 check-ins for the day and I was cooking dinner. They were none too kindly told to take us OFF their calling list..
Anyone still getting calls from Netbiz offering to put them on the front page of Google? I guess they must have gotten the ire of Google, because I don't see Google even mentioned on their page anymore. I guess they have moved over to FB instead.
I avoid calls from 503. I have asked them repeatedly to stop calling. It doesn't help.

I get calls purportedly from my cc company telling me there is NOT a problem w/my acct but I need to call this toll-free number they give or leave on my machine immediately. Nope. Not me. If they want me, they can put a real live person on the line.

I get calls purportedly from my cc company telling me there is NOT a problem w/my acct but I need to call this toll-free number they give or leave on my machine immediately. Nope. Not me. If they want me, they can put a real live person on the line..
gillumhouse said:
I get calls purportedly from my cc company telling me there is NOT a problem w/my acct but I need to call this toll-free number they give or leave on my machine immediately. Nope. Not me. If they want me, they can put a real live person on the line.
We get those, too, and they drive me nuts. A certain someone who lives in this house insists we need to call back immediately.
A certain someone's phone privileges have indefinitely suspended.

I get calls purportedly from my cc company telling me there is NOT a problem w/my acct but I need to call this toll-free number they give or leave on my machine immediately. Nope. Not me. If they want me, they can put a real live person on the line..
gillumhouse said:
That is so ODD. I have never received that call before... and yesterday that's what I got. A weird company telling me that there is NO problem with my account, press 1 to speak to an operator and 3 to refuse the offer. I pressed 3 and it told me I was opted out.
I don't usually get these kind of calls because I'm on Canada's DNC list. And besides, they would be in French if they were cold calls. This was in English. Dang if I know what they really wanted, but I wasn't going to sit through the spiel in any case. I wonder if it's B&B related though and where they took my number from.

gillumhouse said:
That is so ODD. I have never received that call before... and yesterday that's what I got. A weird company telling me that there is NO problem with my account, press 1 to speak to an operator and 3 to refuse the offer. I pressed 3 and it told me I was opted out.
I don't usually get these kind of calls because I'm on Canada's DNC list. And besides, they would be in French if they were cold calls. This was in English. Dang if I know what they really wanted, but I wasn't going to sit through the spiel in any case. I wonder if it's B&B related though and where they took my number from.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
gillumhouse said:
I did call back the first time - it was a we may be able to lower your interest rate - I do not think so since I had just talked to the cc company myself (me calling them) and got a small lowering. I knew they were not going to lower more and I am not giving my cc number to anyone I did not instigate the call 0 INCLUDING finding the phone number myself. I do not call numbers handed to me.
Edited to add: It has nothing to do with the B & B - I have a personal card I use just for B & B.

Back