Facebook

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Facebook is love/hate, huh? I signed up a few years ago then got sick of the shallowness and wasted time, then signed up again later because I couldn't resist the ability to know and see what eeverybody is up to (and to satisfy my own narcissism of course). Somebody just told me 5 seconds ago they hate it when somebody tags them in a photo that they don't like. Imagine you sign in and see this ugly picture of yourself, that you never saw before, posted to 100 peoples' walls.
But I guess it is an opportunity for business. I can see how the fan pages could be handy for B&Bs to communicate with a following. I have plans to make a personality test FB app to direct traffic to one of my sites..
gliebster said:
Facebook is love/hate, huh? I signed up a few years ago then got sick of the shallowness and wasted time, then signed up again later because I couldn't resist the ability to know and see what eeverybody is up to (and to satisfy my own narcissism of course). Somebody just told me 5 seconds ago they hate it when somebody tags them in a photo that they don't like. Imagine you sign in and see this ugly picture of yourself, that you never saw before, posted to 100 peoples' walls.
But I guess it is an opportunity for business. I can see how the fan pages could be handy for B&Bs to communicate with a following. I have plans to make a personality test FB app to direct traffic to one of my sites.
A friend of mine posted this link on her facebook, as a hint to some of her friends.
teeth_smile.gif
It's pretty close to the truth.
The 12 most annoying types of Facebook users.
I had so much CRAP posted by other people on my page with contests, quizzes, etc that yesterday I went in and put several of them on hide. Oy vey! I do not care if you have nothing else to do except play games in Facebook. I do not want to hear what your kid did or see his photos/videos "in case you missed it" - that is by a County Commissioners wife!
That really bugs me too.....keeps me from loggin in actually

one of my kids got me to sign up on facebook. but i am only visible to friends so no one can find me in searches. they can only find me thru friends of friends. i like it that way.
but i went searching for my best friend in high school who i haven't seen in like 30 years and i found her through facebook. hoping to see her in sept. now THAT would be weird!

you can set your facebook page NOT to show other people's status notes, facebook rants and brags. you don't have to allow endless drivel unless you want to. also - if you are 'tagged' in a picture, you can remove it.
just thought i'd mention that you do have some control.
i like it because i can see what my kids (they are adults who live elsewhere) are up to. they are my friends on facebook. i didn't bother setting up a family things. this is how they connect. they tweet, they text, they ping each other. a good friend of my daughter's died "suddenly". my daughter was a wreck and did not want to talk to anyone ... she posted briefly on facebook and all her friends and family knew what was happening.
way it goes.

I just signed up on facebook not too long ago and I am hooked..no sometimes i don't check my facebook account daily but most of the time its when I have time to visit. Now guests have looked me up as well.

So funny to read this thread. I could not remember but one friend from high school in Germany. So I looked for her n facebook. There she was she had just signed up that day. Come to find out she has been the marketing directior for IKEA international for the last 30 years. I am impressed.
Isn't facebook fantastic? hehe

Back