"Fact Finding Mission"

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Broker just called to set up a showing this Saturday...and the lady from the East Coast comes NEXT Saturday. Everyone please cross some fingers for us that one of them is the right one...from a financial and a business-sense standpoint!.
Congrats! Don't forget to tell them about your new mattresses!!!!! Keep us posted!

Good luck on the showing and will keep you in our thoughts...we are on that same thought going process right now.

Just talked to a local innmate who says that one member of our County Inn Group (who's Inn has been for sale) just dropped the price BY $300k (more than 33%) due to nasty divorce proceedings. This is a successful and long running 7-room Inn.
What a bummer for them!
Edited to add: Yikes...heard final info on this sale. This very sucessful Inn (with 7 rooms and 53 acres, on a lake) was listed at $1.2M due to divorce. Price was dropped by $300k, and then ended up selling for $525k! Less than half the listing price for a quick sale.

Just found out that tomorrow's showing are coming from in-state, but about 4 hours or so away, and their broker is coming up with them. All other showings but one have come through bbonline and bb.com, without an agent of their own. What does it portend that they are traveling for hours with their own broker? Do you think that means they are more serious than most?

Just found out that tomorrow's showing are coming from in-state, but about 4 hours or so away, and their broker is coming up with them. All other showings but one have come through bbonline and bb.com, without an agent of their own. What does it portend that they are traveling for hours with their own broker? Do you think that means they are more serious than most?.
Maybe so...Hope so...probably just want to have an "expert" for moral support. Is it a B & B broker or just a regular one. Though...at your price range..it is not any more than buying a home so I don't know why the big deal.
Just curious here...do you show those kind of folks your books...or is that something that you will only do if and when an offer is made. Do you feel you need to show your books to anyone who comes to see the place?

They have probably hired a broker to represent them in the sale, like a couple we have in our state and will SHOW the property to get their cut.

Just found out that tomorrow's showing are coming from in-state, but about 4 hours or so away, and their broker is coming up with them. All other showings but one have come through bbonline and bb.com, without an agent of their own. What does it portend that they are traveling for hours with their own broker? Do you think that means they are more serious than most?.
Maybe so...Hope so...probably just want to have an "expert" for moral support. Is it a B & B broker or just a regular one. Though...at your price range..it is not any more than buying a home so I don't know why the big deal.
Just curious here...do you show those kind of folks your books...or is that something that you will only do if and when an offer is made. Do you feel you need to show your books to anyone who comes to see the place?
I don't offer my books, but will give general numbers and exclusion list if asked. I personally have no problem with that.

They have probably hired a broker to represent them in the sale, like a couple we have in our state and will SHOW the property to get their cut..
I get that part of it....just never had anyone bring one...and we've had about half a dozen showings in six months (all after we dropped the price about 10%).
I guess my point is that I don't think a broker would not spend the time to represent someone (and travel for hours with them on a weekend) unless he thought they were serious, and not just wannabes without the financial wherewithal to follow through....unless he's a friend or relative.

Broker is trying to justify their commission or more likely, is a friend of theirs as well as broker.

They have probably hired a broker to represent them in the sale, like a couple we have in our state and will SHOW the property to get their cut..
I get that part of it....just never had anyone bring one...and we've had about half a dozen showings in six months (all after we dropped the price about 10%).
I guess my point is that I don't think a broker would not spend the time to represent someone (and travel for hours with them on a weekend) unless he thought they were serious, and not just wannabes without the financial wherewithal to follow through....unless he's a friend or relative.
Little Blue said:
I hear you and HOPE it is because they are serious and want his opinion.
cheers.gif

Back