Fake reservations from Booking and expedia?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's mostly a Boo king problem. We don't have a similar experience with Expecia because they validate cards in their system. Boo king does not.
"They also said they have this problem alot in South Africa and Brazil, but they rarley see it happening in the US."
With all due respect to boo king, that's bullshiat and they know it.
Do as suggested. We don't take deposits, but we process 100 PERCENT CHARGE of boo king reservations the minute they come in. As mentioned above, when they don't go through (more than half of ours don't) then go on their site and begin process to cancel. You have to wait one day why they give the "customer" the chance to submit a new card. They never do. Then go back the next day to cancel it outright in their system. Don't wait and block the room a minute longer than you have to, because they aint coming.
It's a hassle. And you can complain to them if you want. But you're wasting your valuable time. They don't care. And don't fill out their customer service surveys they email every other day. If they gave a crap, they'd have already fixed this.
Occasionally, a book king customer will call you to complain that you ran 100% of their charge well in advance of their stay. Use it as an opportunity to explain that you only do it with boo king customers, explain why, and then explain that if they cancel their boo king reservation and rebook directly, you won't have to do it, and they'll get a better rate. In other words, Use Boo king's evilstupid to your advantage.
We had one lady book a week long Christmas stay 10 months in advance. When she called to ask why she'd been charged $1,800 so far ahead, I explained. She cancelled, and rebooked with us direct. Booking lost $270 in commissions because they're morons. Use Boo king's evilstupid to your advantage..
How's the weather this week? We drove over there last Friday. 89 was a disaster at Bolton Flats. Cars off the road everywhere. Took us an hour to get from 5 Corners in Essex to South Burlington.
And how long to WIlliston Liquidation Center (aka Mister G's)?
Generic said:
Well, last week it took an hour from Essex to South Burlington. Good weather? 10 minutes to Mr G's from the hotel. It's on the same street/road. You're 2 minutes to 89 and the U mall.

It's mostly a Boo king problem. We don't have a similar experience with Expecia because they validate cards in their system. Boo king does not.
"They also said they have this problem alot in South Africa and Brazil, but they rarley see it happening in the US."
Do as suggested. We don't take deposits, but we process 100 PERCENT CHARGE of boo king reservations the minute they come in. As mentioned above, when they don't go through (more than half of ours don't) then go on their site and begin process to cancel. You have to wait one day why they give the "customer" the chance to submit a new card. They never do. Then go back the next day to cancel it outright in their system. Don't wait and block the room a minute longer than you have to, because they aint coming.
It's a hassle. And you can complain to them if you want. But you're wasting your valuable time. They don't care. And don't fill out their customer service surveys they email every other day. If they gave a crap, they'd have already fixed this.
Occasionally, a book king customer will call you to complain that you ran 100% of their charge well in advance of their stay. Use it as an opportunity to explain that you only do it with boo king customers, explain why, and then explain that if they cancel their boo king reservation and rebook directly, you won't have to do it, and they'll get a better rate. In other words, Use Boo king's evilstupid to your advantage.
We had one lady book a week long Christmas stay 10 months in advance. When she called to ask why she'd been charged $1,800 so far ahead, I explained. She cancelled, and rebooked with us direct. Booking lost $270 in commissions because they're morons. Use Boo king's evilstupid to your advantage..
How's the weather this week? We drove over there last Friday. 89 was a disaster at Bolton Flats. Cars off the road everywhere. Took us an hour to get from 5 Corners in Essex to South Burlington.
Generic said:
Well, last week it took an hour from Essex to South Burlington. Good weather? 10 minutes to Mr G's from the hotel. It's on the same street/road. You're 2 minutes to 89 and the U mall.
Did you run down to CostWarehouse? They are finally building the gas station.

Generic said:
Generic said:
Nope. Roads were awful. We did the family thing.

I booked a hotel through b.c yesterday and the instant I made the booking I can see an "active card check" on my account!

I booked a hotel through b.c yesterday and the instant I made the booking I can see an "active card check" on my account!.
Highlands John said:
I booked a hotel through b.c yesterday and the instant I made the booking I can see an "active card check" on my account!
My last two bookings through them were both valid. Have they finally mended the error of their ways? We'll see.

I booked a hotel through b.c yesterday and the instant I made the booking I can see an "active card check" on my account!.
Highlands John said:
My last two bookings through them were both valid. Have they finally mended the error of their ways? We'll see.
PhineasSwann said:
Highlands John said:
Of the last 4, half were fake, including one for Dec 30.
They don't check credit cards in the US. (If that's what 'active card check' means.)

Back