Fake Review

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you check with the other Innkeeper and see if you guys had the same person listed as a guest this year? If I remember correctly didn't they say they stayed at the other Inn early in the year?.
The person that wrote the review of our place was not a guest here at any time. I'm certain of it. I have no clue about the other place.

Good news! After almost 3 weeks, 3 management contacts, and a lot of heartburn, TA has pulled the bogus review from our listing. The only advice that I can give is to be persistent and have your friends lend you moral support.
Thanks all!

yay!!!!
thumbs_up.gif

so glad for you!

Good news! After almost 3 weeks, 3 management contacts, and a lot of heartburn, TA has pulled the bogus review from our listing. The only advice that I can give is to be persistent and have your friends lend you moral support.
Thanks all!.
Yipppppeeee! There's hope for honesty sometimes in reviews after all...!
Riki

Thanks all!.
That is GREAT news...what a relief!
happy%2520dance%2520penguin.gif

Thanks all!.
That's great...care to elaborate how they actually FINALLY BELIEVE YOU??????

Thanks all!.
YEEHAA!!!!!

Thanks all!.
That is GREAT news...what a relief!
happy%2520dance%2520penguin.gif

You said it, Sister! I love your "Happy Feet"! :)

Thanks all!.
I wish I could. I have no clue. No answer from them, the review is just pulled!

Thanks all!.
I wish I could. I have no clue. No answer from them, the review is just pulled!
It took awhile to get mine pulled as well. I think they contact the poster in these cases and ask for proof of stay...they probably give them 7-10-14 days or whatever to provide it...when they don't, they pull the review.

I am lucky to not have been in this situation but it is in the Trip Adviser terms and conditions that if someone posts a review it has to be a comment about the place and service not a personal attack. So if it is clearly someone having a go then they will pull it. They also can look at where it was posted from ie if it was someone in your home town who doesn't like you and decides to be spiteful they can see that as they will be posting from near by. Also if your other reviews are good it does put you in a strong position. Plus I think they work on the premise if you kick up a whole ton of fuss you are more likely to be in the right! So keep on kicking!!!

I have had 2 bogus reviews, we only have 8 rooms so it is easy for us to check whether we have had guests staying with us, ( we are also an activity centre so do not have to rely on our hotel guests for income) these people have actually stated that they have stayed with us so not just knocked on our door, one of them is a competitor (2 Gay guys that own a local establishment) as they told someone else what they had done who then told us.
The other one was from a guest that attempted to blackmail us using TA as a weapon, we got everything on CCTV, contacted TA who asked to see the evidence, we sent them a copy but they are still refusing to remove the review, we are now suing TA and the reviewer.
We have a 90%+ excellent feedback rating from TA and are the No 1 rated hotel in our area, however I would totally disassociate my hotel from TA if I could, they have so much bad press now because they do nothing to stop fake reviews, there is a huge group of Guest houses, B%Bs and hotels in the States that have got together and have been posting fake reviews for a hotel that has been closed for 2 years and actually no longer exists, so far there have been almost 500 great reviews that TA have posted for this hotel, all of the reviews are fake and the reviewers have only ever posted 1 review and that is for the fake hotel. The whole idea is to prove to TA how easy it is to fake a review which it obviously is!
The group have media contacts who are also keeping tags on things, hopefully a TV program is looming.
Don't get me wrong the original idea of TA is great but many fatal flaws have ruined the concept.
1. TA do nothing to check a review or the reviewer..
2. TA do not allow the hotel the same rights as a guest, the management response is a joke.
3. The reviews should not be anonymous.
4. It should be easier to be able to contact TA.
5. Now TA have started recommending hotels that pay for their advertising through TA, it smacks of favouritism and bias which lets face it TA should never have got involved in.
6. TA do not listen to the smaller establishments.
TA is owned by expedia, I am totally sure that TA will be kinder to Expedia hotels and establisments, how can this be fair?
Reading some of the other comments regarding TA it is obvious to me that there are a couple of TA workers that have infiltrated this site as 1 or 2 of them are being a bit to over zealous with the defending of what is obviously (to me anyway) a company that has only one agenda and that is to destroy the smaller hotel, B&B and guest house!

I have had 2 bogus reviews, we only have 8 rooms so it is easy for us to check whether we have had guests staying with us, ( we are also an activity centre so do not have to rely on our hotel guests for income) these people have actually stated that they have stayed with us so not just knocked on our door, one of them is a competitor (2 Gay guys that own a local establishment) as they told someone else what they had done who then told us.
The other one was from a guest that attempted to blackmail us using TA as a weapon, we got everything on CCTV, contacted TA who asked to see the evidence, we sent them a copy but they are still refusing to remove the review, we are now suing TA and the reviewer.
We have a 90%+ excellent feedback rating from TA and are the No 1 rated hotel in our area, however I would totally disassociate my hotel from TA if I could, they have so much bad press now because they do nothing to stop fake reviews, there is a huge group of Guest houses, B%Bs and hotels in the States that have got together and have been posting fake reviews for a hotel that has been closed for 2 years and actually no longer exists, so far there have been almost 500 great reviews that TA have posted for this hotel, all of the reviews are fake and the reviewers have only ever posted 1 review and that is for the fake hotel. The whole idea is to prove to TA how easy it is to fake a review which it obviously is!
The group have media contacts who are also keeping tags on things, hopefully a TV program is looming.
Don't get me wrong the original idea of TA is great but many fatal flaws have ruined the concept.
1. TA do nothing to check a review or the reviewer..
2. TA do not allow the hotel the same rights as a guest, the management response is a joke.
4. It should be easier to be able to contact TA.
5. Now TA have started recommending hotels that pay for their advertising through TA, it smacks of favouritism and bias which lets face it TA should never have got involved in.
6. TA do not listen to the smaller establishments.
TA is owned by expedia, I am totally sure that TA will be kinder to Expedia hotels and establisments, how can this be fair?
Reading some of the other comments regarding TA it is obvious to me that there are a couple of TA workers that have infiltrated this site as 1 or 2 of them are being a bit to over zealous with the defending of what is obviously (to me anyway) a company that has only one agenda and that is to destroy the smaller hotel, B&B and guest house!.
wozzell said:
Reading some of the other comments regarding TA it is obvious to me that there are a couple of TA workers that have infiltrated this site as 1 or 2 of them are being a bit to over zealous with the defending of what is obviously (to me anyway) a company that has only one agenda and that is to destroy the smaller hotel, B&B and guest house!
You posted on this forum anonymously.
Anyone is welcome to view or join this site as long as they do not slander others in any way. All the feedback is valuable, some we take with a grain of salt if we need to.

Back