Fall Color

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok here are some real fall color photos :) SNP is at it's peak here right now. The valley still has a bit to go, but I managed to get these this morning in the State Park.
River%20State%20Park.jpg

Shenandoah%20River.jpg

Fall%20Color.jpg

FInally the view from my front yard. More color to come..I hope...rain and wind predicted for tomorrow:-(
Front%20Yard%20View.jpg
You know why I am so happy to see those? Because our guests from AL are at your friends inn (SCI) getting married today!
CL Can you please email those pix to me to share on VSP FB page? That one from the lookout is AWESOME!
PS HAPPY 75th SNP!
They are!!! I was just about to go over there..but I guess I will wait if they are they getting married. He's probably busy.
I will send you the pics.
Thank you so much CL!
Virginia will knock your socks off!
I added it to Flickr, if you want to see a larger version of CL's image of the Shenandoah River. This photo was taken from the overlook in the state park (not the National Park), which is one of Virginia's newest State Parks.
You need to see what is off in the distance, and this is CL's view every day. STuNNING!
It is okay to sing the song, if you know it "O Shenandoah I long to hear you...away you rolling river..."

Ok here are some real fall color photos :) SNP is at it's peak here right now. The valley still has a bit to go, but I managed to get these this morning in the State Park.
River%20State%20Park.jpg

Shenandoah%20River.jpg

Fall%20Color.jpg

FInally the view from my front yard. More color to come..I hope...rain and wind predicted for tomorrow:-(
Front%20Yard%20View.jpg
You know why I am so happy to see those? Because our guests from AL are at your friends inn (SCI) getting married today!
CL Can you please email those pix to me to share on VSP FB page? That one from the lookout is AWESOME!
PS HAPPY 75th SNP!
They are!!! I was just about to go over there..but I guess I will wait if they are they getting married. He's probably busy.
I will send you the pics.
Thank you so much CL!
Virginia will knock your socks off!
I added it to Flickr, if you want to see a larger version of CL's image of the Shenandoah River. This photo was taken from the overlook in the state park (not the National Park), which is one of Virginia's newest State Parks.
You need to see what is off in the distance, and this is CL's view every day. STuNNING!
It is okay to sing the song, if you know it "O Shenandoah I long to hear you...away you rolling river..."
Envious...like I keep saying, we just don't get the really vibrant Fall colors this far South. And Fall is my favorite time of year! Thanks for sharing y'all...I can live through your photos!
regular_smile.gif

This is the view from 3 upstairs guest rooms today AND the porch which no one has sat on all week. The clouds rolled in and I was up cleaning and wanted to share.
I am STUCK IN HERE, but want to be out there, and get some REALLY NICE PIX! I will...my one nighter hell is nearly over, we have two night stays all weekend for a big festival here. These are not the blue ridge mountains, but the foothills to the east - behind the camera view is to the West and the Blue Ridge Mountains. THAT is what I want to show you, if I ever get out!
http://twitpic.com/736ljw

This is the view from 3 upstairs guest rooms today AND the porch which no one has sat on all week. The clouds rolled in and I was up cleaning and wanted to share.
I am STUCK IN HERE, but want to be out there, and get some REALLY NICE PIX! I will...my one nighter hell is nearly over, we have two night stays all weekend for a big festival here. These are not the blue ridge mountains, but the foothills to the east - behind the camera view is to the West and the Blue Ridge Mountains. THAT is what I want to show you, if I ever get out!
http://twitpic.com/736ljw.
I know. I was just out for an appt. and took the long way home...stopped at a winery and oohed and ahhed all the way home because the color is so peak here now. My friend just called and said she is coming by and we can go out with our cameras to another location she says is beautiful right now. Clouds are moving out and sun is now coming through :)

I think this will be the last of my fall colors. The wind has gone through now and many places just look sparse:-( It was gorgeous while it lasted.
Our Persimmon trees. Wind has now about cleared it out.
DSCN9276.JPG

DSCN9460.JPG

A back road through George Washington National Forest
GW%20National%20Forest.jpg

UPDATED: I shared my attempt to stitch some photos together unsucessfully last Fall. I was told about Windows Live Photo Gallery, and I took the same photos and it stitched them together in seconds. No color adjustments were made. Just the stitching to make this Panoramic. I might attempt to stitch two room photos together in a guest room just for props, it might work out.
If any of you try it, please share!
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]This is why I live in Franklin County Virginia - click image to enlarge [/COLOR]http://twitpic.com/8gkk1q

Back