Fall Color

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Hey JB...you asked for photo for some fall colors....here's one from this morning..though not the color I want :-(
Thankfully this is not in my front yard, but up on Skyline Drive.
snow%20on%20big%20meadows%20Monday%20morning.jpg

Oh No!
I saw that in Grayson Highlands VA (5000 ft) they had the first snow as well! Today it is a bit warmer and a gorgeous day, it sure was a cold weekend, I am here in socks for the first time since April.

Facebook access only on this image I think, check it out, Meet Virginia, she's drop dead gorgeous y'all.
Looks stunning. We've had some very strong winds of late, which has stripped the first flush of golden leaves from the tree. My Acer in the garden was the most beautiful colour it had ever looked last week, came down the next morning and there was 1 leaf left on it.
No snow here yet, usually the tops of the mountains have some by the end of September, but none yet. Lots of dire warnings from forecasters about us having a really bad winter again starting befor ethe end of oct.

Looks like around here...minus the snow! We had a big storm come through our area yesterday, too. Luckily, it missed the river valley where we are, but it did lots of damage farther North, including a lot of downed power lines.
sad_smile.gif

Looks like around here...minus the snow! We had a big storm come through our area yesterday, too. Luckily, it missed the river valley where we are, but it did lots of damage farther North, including a lot of downed power lines.
sad_smile.gif
Looks like this weekend is the PEAK here on Skyline Drive. Winds are supposed to kick up tomorrow, so hopefully we'll get up for some photos on Monday after the tourists have gone.... and hopefully some color left up there. OF course there will still be plenty in the valley.

sad_smile.gif
Looks like this weekend is the PEAK here on Skyline Drive. Winds are supposed to kick up tomorrow, so hopefully we'll get up for some photos on Monday after the tourists have gone.... and hopefully some color left up there. OF course there will still be plenty in the valley.
Stiff winds and a roaring rain have gone through here (winds all day, rain within the hour).. Sun is out again. We are losing a lot of leaves but still have trees in process of turning so we may still have some leaf season left.

WOW! We just don't get those kinds of colors out here. Too many evergreens.
DSCN0793.JPG

We used to have the most awesome maples in our yard in Port Orchard WA. I laugh as I retell guests that we could not rake and pile them up and leap into them like the hallmark scenes in the east, they would be saturated and moldy before we could even do that!
Our kids thought the whole leaf thing was better than playing in the snow. Now our big sugar maple is gone we have the big yellow maple out there right now. It has been high winds all day, or I would go and grab a shot. I WILL, I VOW, I WILL somehow in here get out and get some photos, I am living off old pix on everything.

sad_smile.gif
We just don't get the Fall leaf colors here like up North, even if you go up to the "mountains". There are too many pines all over this State, I think. I noticed that everything was so much more "fall-like" when I was up in the Baltimore-Washington area last week. We just don't get much Fall here.
Everything is so much prettier farther North than here this time of year....

Ok here are some real fall color photos :) SNP is at it's peak here right now. The valley still has a bit to go, but I managed to get these this morning in the State Park.
River%20State%20Park.jpg

Shenandoah%20River.jpg

Fall%20Color.jpg

FInally the view from my front yard. More color to come..I hope...rain and wind predicted for tomorrow:-(
Front%20Yard%20View.jpg

Ok here are some real fall color photos :) SNP is at it's peak here right now. The valley still has a bit to go, but I managed to get these this morning in the State Park.
River%20State%20Park.jpg

Shenandoah%20River.jpg

Fall%20Color.jpg

FInally the view from my front yard. More color to come..I hope...rain and wind predicted for tomorrow:-(
Front%20Yard%20View.jpg
You know why I am so happy to see those? Because our guests from AL are at your friends inn (SCI) getting married today!
CL Can you please email those pix to me to share on VSP FB page? That one from the lookout is AWESOME!
PS HAPPY 75th SNP!

River%20State%20Park.jpg

Shenandoah%20River.jpg

Fall%20Color.jpg

Front%20Yard%20View.jpg
You know why I am so happy to see those? Because our guests from AL are at your friends inn (SCI) getting married today!
CL Can you please email those pix to me to share on VSP FB page? That one from the lookout is AWESOME!
PS HAPPY 75th SNP!
They are!!! I was just about to go over there..but I guess I will wait if they are they getting married. He's probably busy.
I will send you the pics.

Back