Fall Leaf Peepers - Hikers, Walkers, Riders or Drivers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
If you are in a Leaf Peeping locale - do you market more specifically to any of the Fall Leaf Peepers - Hikers, Walkers, Riders or Drivers?
If so, how do you go about this? Bike Storage, Private paved parking for motorcycles, maps of scenic walks or hikes?
Your thoughts?

No, I don't specifically market to anyone this time of year. I could put cots out on the lawn and rent them.
We could have a different conversation if this was say....March. *rolls eyes*

Around here there is no need to market to anyone for fall season. People just show up in droves!!!

I have to agree, esp. with FD...I'm thinking of investing in some tents to rent those out!

Okay so how to market to more than one night stays...that is the leaf peeping thing - get out and see the leaves...typically they don't want to stay in one place for long.

Okay so how to market to more than one night stays...that is the leaf peeping thing - get out and see the leaves...typically they don't want to stay in one place for long..
I offer a routing home via more leaves.

Okay so how to market to more than one night stays...that is the leaf peeping thing - get out and see the leaves...typically they don't want to stay in one place for long..
Find something else for them to do on the in-between day - leaves and a musical event, leaves and a crafts festival, leaves and a winery tour. See the leaves on the way out, spend a nice day at whatever, have a great dinner at that place just around the corner, wake up refreshed for the drive home to see more leaves.

Find something else for them to do on the in-between day - leaves and a musical event, leaves and a crafts festival, leaves and a winery tour. See the leaves on the way out, spend a nice day at whatever, have a great dinner at that place just around the corner, wake up refreshed for the drive home to see more leaves.
That's what I was going to say...market other things going on around you that will make folks want to stay more than one day. In our location, it is a bit easier because we are within an hour's drive of so many attractions that they can use a place here as a base.

No, I don't specifically market to anyone this time of year. I could put cots out on the lawn and rent them.
We could have a different conversation if this was say....March. *rolls eyes*.
The Farmers Daughter said:
We could have a different conversation if this was say....March. *rolls eyes*
You took my answer,
cheers.gif
. We could rent out bathtubs.

We have a whole array of things that we present to the guests when they check in. There are all the wineries, golf, antiquing, eating. My husband is so good at it, I wish I could bottle it. Many times during any given season, he'll get people to add more days on to their stay.

Back