Fall Photos 2009

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sushine are you in Missouri?.
MTLLodge said:
Sushine are you in Missouri?
Yep! How'd ya guess??? Do you recognize some of the homes????
Was probably the missouri.edu that gave it away.
gillumhouse said:
Was probably the missouri.edu that gave it away.
LOL! DUH..... I'm so silly!
No, just living up to your State Motto - Show Me!
gillumhouse said:
No, just living up to your State Motto - Show Me!
oh.... I'm dying here! LOL! your too funny!

ok, someone please tell me the secret to posting pictures
embaressed_smile.gif

Yep it was the missouri.edu. If you are who I think you are, we will be in you area Tuesday for BBIM meeting.

ok, someone please tell me the secret to posting pictures
embaressed_smile.gif
You have to go to your account FIRST and browse and then upload the photos. Then when you type the message you can click to insert an image and you go find it from your account on the server

lrg_DSC00023.JPG
Frosty morning, a little more snow today.....
Holy cow. that IS snow already. How late in spring do you have snow?
This is unusually early and we don't usually get much snow, if Denver gets 3 feet, we get 3 inches...We had a very mild summer, no true heat until mid-July, again, unusual, we are expecting a very cold and snowy winter this year. Generally, we don't get much after April, but the rule of thumb in the garden here is, don't plant anything that can't tolerate a freeze until after Mother's Day...We did have a light dusting on Mother's Day of 2006...This year was terrible for the fruit crops, two late freezes back to back, wiped out 30% of everything.

lrg_DSC00023.JPG
This is unusually early and we don't usually get much snow, if Denver gets 3 feet, we get 3 inches...We had a very mild summer, no true heat until mid-July, again, unusual, we are expecting a very cold and snowy winter this year. Generally, we don't get much after April, but the rule of thumb in the garden here is, don't plant anything that can't tolerate a freeze until after Mother's Day...We did have a light dusting on Mother's Day of 2006...This year was terrible for the fruit crops, two late freezes back to back, wiped out 30% of everything.
That sounds like our rules of thumb. So close to the lake here, we don't get the snow that they get about 7 miles inland. But! we have had years, where our corn and tomatoes froze on July 9th.
I love the snow but last year we had it for too long, yikes, please don't let it snow so much this year, heheh

lrg_DSC00023.JPG
That sounds like our rules of thumb. So close to the lake here, we don't get the snow that they get about 7 miles inland. But! we have had years, where our corn and tomatoes froze on July 9th.
I love the snow but last year we had it for too long, yikes, please don't let it snow so much this year, heheh
Amen.

this is only 1/5 of our leafy area...we still have the pecan trees to drop their leaves and the rest of the maples in yellow which are defoliating quickly now.
lrg_Tony_RakesOct31.jpg

this is only 1/5 of our leafy area...we still have the pecan trees to drop their leaves and the rest of the maples in yellow which are defoliating quickly now.
lrg_Tony_RakesOct31.jpg
Oh my! I hope you have more than one man and a rake to handle all that! My hubs has been outside the past two days...his system is he uses the blower to make a huge pile on a big tarp, which he then ties to the back of his riding mower and tows down to the "back 40" junk pile. He is SORE!

lrg_Tony_RakesOct31.jpg
Oh my! I hope you have more than one man and a rake to handle all that! My hubs has been outside the past two days...his system is he uses the blower to make a huge pile on a big tarp, which he then ties to the back of his riding mower and tows down to the "back 40" junk pile. He is SORE!
InnsiderInfo said:
More than one man? Whatchew tryin to say? I have just had the one for 21 years now... :)

lrg_Tony_RakesOct31.jpg
InnsiderInfo said:
More than one man? Whatchew tryin to say? I have just had the one for 21 years now... :)
Just for the leaf pickup, I meant! Is he doing it all himself?

lrg_Tony_RakesOct31.jpg
OH MY GOODNESS! That's a LOT of leaves..................
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
Cute Hubbie doesn't look to upset that he's raking them!

lrg_Tony_RakesOct31.jpg
InnsiderInfo said:
Just for the leaf pickup, I meant! Is he doing it all himself?
Leaf pick-up? Once ours are done dropping I will get out the trusty lawn mower and mulch them. Fertilizer for the grass.
I officially switched compost compartments. I will let the side I have been filling for 2 years just finish composting and use the other for the next two years - unless 2010 goes back to normal and it fills up in a year.

This is an early fall photo, leaves just starting to change but the bigger color change is our paint. We got the 3 most visible sides done before the weather went south.
green%20front%20640.jpg

This is an early fall photo, leaves just starting to change but the bigger color change is our paint. We got the 3 most visible sides done before the weather went south.
green%20front%20640.jpg
Love the new color scheme!

green%20front%20640.jpg
WOW! What an improvement. It is gorgeous! I love greens. No moss grows beneath your feet, that is for sure!
teeth_smile.gif

Back