Fall photos for 2013

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Please share with us your first fall photos as we celebrate the end to this stinky hot summer. :)
Don't forget to post them on your social media for your fans/followers to enjoy as well!
heart.gif

(I saw there are frost warnings in the NE this morning, this is great for the leaf peepers...bring it!)
Hint from JB -- (Make an effort to take as many as you can this year so you can use them next year EARLY for specials and getaway packages)

Yep..our persimmon is showing it's first red patches and some maples are starting to turn here already. So it won't be long. I have my new camera ready and waiting :)

Yep..our persimmon is showing it's first red patches and some maples are starting to turn here already. So it won't be long. I have my new camera ready and waiting :).
What camera did you get?

Yep..our persimmon is showing it's first red patches and some maples are starting to turn here already. So it won't be long. I have my new camera ready and waiting :).
What camera did you get?
It's a Nikon..but not a digital SLR. I can't carry around that big of a camera. The one I got has like a 40x zoom...so cool.
EmptyNest said:
It's a Nikon..but not a digital SLR. I can't carry around that big of a camera. The one I got has like a 40x zoom...so cool.
Go Nikon!
We bought a very small SUPER POWERFUL one for my daughter's bday last year for her to use in NYC. The megapixel blows mine out of the water, I cannot even use the higher SD cards on mine now.
I am going to take it West when I go to PacNW. She was born there so wants me to take photos of everything for her. and then I will slip the SD card out and a new one which I will use and hand to my aunt for my grandmother's 90th bday shin dig. Then they can do what they want with it. Walmart will allow you to put the photos on DVD, when you have some prints made, so we will do that for my grandmother so she can watch on her tv.

49 degrees here last night so the leaves should start turning any day now!

With this persistent drought, our trees have been dying right and left. We have been contending with dead leaves all summer without the benefit of the color change.

We have been decorating for Fall. It's hard to get into the fall spirit when it's 95 degrees outside.

We have been decorating for Fall. It's hard to get into the fall spirit when it's 95 degrees outside..
Bob said:
We have been decorating for Fall. It's hard to get into the fall spirit when it's 95 degrees outside.
Ditto!
My sister's "general store" is now full of fake orange and red and yellow leaves, fake pumpkins, even some Halloween stuff, and it's 95 and high humidity outside. Give us another 6 weeks and we might begin to feel a little hint of fall.

We have been decorating for Fall. It's hard to get into the fall spirit when it's 95 degrees outside..
Bob said:
Ditto!
My sister's "general store" is now full of fake orange and red and yellow leaves, fake pumpkins, even some Halloween stuff, and it's 95 and high humidity outside. Give us another 6 weeks and we might begin to feel a little hint of fall.
Arkansawyer said:
Bob said:
Ditto!
This has been a crazy year for weather. Your just south of us so you know what I'm talking about.

Bob said:
Ditto!
Arkansawyer said:
Bob said:
Ditto!
This has been a crazy year for weather. Your just south of us so you know what I'm talking about.
Crazy here also. It has been hotter and more humid than usual and WET!! We have had several bursts that flooded - one rain so hard it totaled a house, knocked it off the foundation. We had rain some time in the 24 hour period most of the summer.

Not really fall colors yet...but they are coming. But here are some FIRST DAY OF FALL photos from my yard.
010.jpg
002.jpg

Fall%202013.JPG

Here's my contribution. Happy to say that Cousin Becky is back in the decorating business. It was too wet to gather corn stalks this morning, but they will follow soon, probably about the time the mums start opening.
I have to say that one of the pumpkins from last fall had an offspring pumpkin vine growing at the foot of the front porch, adding to the festivities. No baby pumpkins from my vine, though.
I bit the bullet and have gotten some professional help with some big landscaping projects. I'm sure I need "professional help" in a few other areas of my life too
wink_smile.gif

Fall%202013.JPG

Here's my contribution. Happy to say that Cousin Becky is back in the decorating business. It was too wet to gather corn stalks this morning, but they will follow soon, probably about the time the mums start opening.
I have to say that one of the pumpkins from last fall had an offspring pumpkin vine growing at the foot of the front porch, adding to the festivities. No baby pumpkins from my vine, though.
I bit the bullet and have gotten some professional help with some big landscaping projects. I'm sure I need "professional help" in a few other areas of my life too
wink_smile.gif
Really nice! I love it!!

Fall%202013.JPG

wink_smile.gif
Innkeep said:
I'm sure I need "professional help" in a few other areas of my life too
wink_smile.gif
We all do!
wink_smile.gif

The colors are just beginning to turn here. This was our view yesterday morning.
lrg_after%20mist%201_0.jpg

Another leafy pic from today...road trips are great, but you have to stop and listen... the mountains are magnificent pic.twitter.com/1ZB5kZz1Ff
Looking through one church window from outside into the church and out the other church window - - to the view on the other side...St Peters-in-the-Mountains http://saintpeterscallaway.org/ http://t.co/fCLea802HZ

Back