Fall pics

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
I took this photo out front a half hour ago 5:35pm Nov 1st, it is 73 degrees and a gorgeous Fall day.
The leaf peepers have all gone home and the leaves say “Alright boys, hit it!” I tell guests, I write about it in my blog – don’t come too early, wait til the end of October early November and they will really put on a show! Nobody listens...
Folks this is the stuff of Hallmark cards. I never lived in a place where dying was so magnificant!
cut n paste this into your browser:
http://i37.tinypic.com/2z9fv42.jpg
or this:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2z9fv42&s=4
one of those should work.

This view could be YOURS! As soon as we finish the porch renovations now that guests have all gone home - just a few more jobs before we hand her over to someone else to love.
heart.gif

6 guest rooms. 2 bedroom 2 bath, family room large kitchen for owners quarters.
I won't put any more on here, but will share via email if anyone is truly interested.
Here is one more closer up - http://i36.tinypic.com/ncjk0x.jpg

Beautiful! We need to go North a bit to see those kinds of leaf colors. We don't get enough of a change here or something. boo hoo....
cry_smile.gif

Beautiful! We need to go North a bit to see those kinds of leaf colors. We don't get enough of a change here or something. boo hoo....
cry_smile.gif
Even the oak tress are beautiful this year. Usually they turn brown, period. This year the tree across the street is red/brown/yellow. It is wonderful!

Pretty colors. We had a similar scenary... 1 month ago ! Colors are more beautiful than last year.
We received our first snow ..... 30 cm... just remind you located in Quebec. Heavy snow in the trees,broken branches falled on electric systems in our region causing electricity interruption for 50.000 citizens on Thursday. Hopefully we were not impacted.

rats! how come i can't see the pictures?
ok ... i can copy backwards and view in ie.
love the colors!

This view could be YOURS! As soon as we finish the porch renovations now that guests have all gone home - just a few more jobs before we hand her over to someone else to love.
heart.gif

I won't put any more on here, but will share via email if anyone is truly interested.
Here is one more closer up - http://i36.tinypic.com/ncjk0x.jpg.
So are you saying..you are actually going to be listing it for sale soon?? I have a friend who is procrastinating on his. He wants to sell but of course doesn't think now is the right time given the economy...but I say..list it and put up a sign...you NEVER KNOW!!!! Good luck!

heart.gif

So are you saying..you are actually going to be listing it for sale soon?? I have a friend who is procrastinating on his. He wants to sell but of course doesn't think now is the right time given the economy...but I say..list it and put up a sign...you NEVER KNOW!!!! Good luck!
catlady said:
Yes it will probably be listed in the Spring (that is the plan anyway).
Economy is one thing, but we will see how it is next year after the fear mongering is over and this election.
There are alot of baby boomers wanting out of the big cities and this is what I am hoping for. There is no turning back on the tourism for our area - it is really excelling (not due to any major tourism dept I might add!) It went from zilch to people loving these mountains, lakes, recreation, heritage, music and culture. This little B&B now has 4 restaurants within walking distance of one block, a spa on the corner, music venues and so much to offer. It will be hard to say goodbye, but we want to be out of the business so the kids can be kids in high school.
When we do list we will all of you know.

heart.gif

catlady said:
Yes it will probably be listed in the Spring (that is the plan anyway).
Economy is one thing, but we will see how it is next year after the fear mongering is over and this election.
There are alot of baby boomers wanting out of the big cities and this is what I am hoping for. There is no turning back on the tourism for our area - it is really excelling (not due to any major tourism dept I might add!) It went from zilch to people loving these mountains, lakes, recreation, heritage, music and culture. This little B&B now has 4 restaurants within walking distance of one block, a spa on the corner, music venues and so much to offer. It will be hard to say goodbye, but we want to be out of the business so the kids can be kids in high school.
When we do list we will all of you know.
See the same thing here. Our little town has really developed. In part from our "MAIN STREET" designation and a group of great willing volunteers who seem to work tirelessly to help our town grow and improve. The difference between now and 8 years ago is amazing!!! I knew it would happen, but thought it would take lots longer for sure. We still aren't perfect, but things are sure looking good here. We don't want to be anywhere else.

Ah HA! Photographic evidence that slave labor is used at JunieB's bed and breakfast!

Yeah right. They have been waiting on baited breath for the chance to rake these leaves, they raked them in a big pile then jumped in them and threw them everywhere again and left Dad to do the real work. He said they have to complete the job or they can't play in them. LOL

Yeah right. They have been waiting on baited breath for the chance to rake these leaves, they raked them in a big pile then jumped in them and threw them everywhere again and left Dad to do the real work. He said they have to complete the job or they can't play in them. LOL.
Very Very pretty.What cute fun pics of your girls too!
So are you planning to stay in that general area? or move back home?
Will you ever re-open a B&B do you think????

Yeah right. They have been waiting on baited breath for the chance to rake these leaves, they raked them in a big pile then jumped in them and threw them everywhere again and left Dad to do the real work. He said they have to complete the job or they can't play in them. LOL.
Sunshine said:
Home? This is home. We own land here and will build after we leave this business.

Sunshine said:
Home? This is home. We own land here and will build after we leave this business.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Sunshine said:
yep, know what ya mean. Can't believe we have been here 5 1/2 years already and haven't even made it back to visit yet! but I do miss it alot... not the rain though.

Sunshine said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Sunshine said:
yep, know what ya mean. Can't believe we have been here 5 1/2 years already and haven't even made it back to visit yet! but I do miss it alot... not the rain though.
Sunshine said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Sunshine said:
We must have moved about the same time.
regular_smile.gif

Seattle is not home to me, at all. I lived there 11 years and was geared up to leave. I don't miss it at all. All I miss was the house we built. Like I have often said, if we coulda packed it up and brought it with us! In fact, lke the saying goes " I was not born in the south but I got here as quick as I could!" I would have loved to grow up in this area. I lvoe the people, the culture everything. But then we travel, we are on the move alot, not just in one place all the time. I love to explore.
I said to DH on Friday, I-5 was closed for 4 hours in Seattle/Tacoma today. I like hearing that and being thankful we are not stuck in that anymore.

Back