Fall promotion

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Many of us have our busiest season in the Fall. I have Fall images all over, here and there, use in social media marketing. But I just submitted into to HARO and realized I don't really have a page on our website dedicated to Fall. Do you?
I am thinking maybe I should have one. I hate to be too seasonally minded in our marketing, I hate to have too much of one season online, but...it is nice to see crisp Fall images.
What about you? Do you focus on Fall online? Road Trips? Fall Events?

I was just looking for my November getaway and found a website that lists all 4 seasons with things to do. So, yes, I think that's a great idea. And, no, I don't do that! But it's on the list.

The photo slideshow at the top of my "things to do here" page includes nice views of here in each season, but I don't have a whole page or section dedicated to each season. Good idea!
No hurry, Madeleine. There's nothing special to do in the fall in your neck of the woods ;-)

One of mine has a list of things to do in every season. I think a page with photos and info is a good thing.

The photo slideshow at the top of my "things to do here" page includes nice views of here in each season, but I don't have a whole page or section dedicated to each season. Good idea!
No hurry, Madeleine. There's nothing special to do in the fall in your neck of the woods ;-).
I have had my fall special posted for months already!

Don't forget to label your photos, save them with a name like "FALL and Your B&B and state and city name" in them! Then when there is a search in google images people will find you. THEY DO USE google images.
I don't want to add too much text to the Fall page on the website, the more I add the less they read...
You have fall leaves, you have no idea how many parts of the USA and world do not have fall leaves. I never had fall leaves in San Diego! Florida does not get it, Midwest only so so...etc A photo is worth a 1,000 words!
I have to MAKE SURE I have my camera and get some more fall images this year...it is never easy, ever. I would rather take a nap than anything else in the Fall we are so busy.

Rather than calling it Fall, how about Tis the Season.... and then you could just change the photos for the appropriate season. Some of the things to do will change, but the main places are there so matter which season it happens to be.

Rather than calling it Fall, how about Tis the Season.... and then you could just change the photos for the appropriate season. Some of the things to do will change, but the main places are there so matter which season it happens to be..
gillumhouse said:
Rather than calling it Fall, how about Tis the Season.... and then you could just change the photos for the appropriate season. Some of the things to do will change, but the main places are there so matter which season it happens to be.
Because I want it to come up in google searches. and tis the season is used typically for Christmas holidays.
If this reporter uses my info about fall (as mentioned at the top) then people will search or click on our url (if we get a link) so i think it is good for them to find some Fall only info/photos. My theory anyway, not that it will work! I will let you know!
If you are not on HARO (help a reporter out) you can sign up for free and get emails when they are looking for info. Most of it is not for us, airlines, lost bags, spas, travel with dogs, foreign travel,etc etc. Once in a while it pertains!!

Rather than calling it Fall, how about Tis the Season.... and then you could just change the photos for the appropriate season. Some of the things to do will change, but the main places are there so matter which season it happens to be..
gillumhouse said:
Because I want it to come up in google searches. and tis the season is used typically for Christmas holidays.
If this reporter uses my info about fall (as mentioned at the top) then people will search or click on our url (if we get a link) so i think it is good for them to find some Fall only info/photos. My theory anyway, not that it will work! I will let you know!
If you are not on HARO (help a reporter out) you can sign up for free and get emails when they are looking for info. Most of it is not for us, airlines, lost bags, spas, travel with dogs, foreign travel,etc etc. Once in a while it pertains!!
I just signed up with HARO this morning to send a pitch. I understand your reasoning. You know MUCH more about that stuff than I do.

gillumhouse said:
I just signed up with HARO this morning to send a pitch. I understand your reasoning. You know MUCH more about that stuff than I do.
Be cautious with the reporters. I 'helped' two of them and got ZERO credit for the info or the photos. I tried to contact HARO about it and found there was no way to do that. (At least that I could find.)
So verify that they will be giving you credit. Ask where the articles will be published and if you don't get credit, contact both the authors and the publisher.

Back