"Family and Friend" rates?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I charge them all what I charge strangers. I have given up all vacations and weekends for 3 years not to mention the $$$$$$ to build this place. So I am not giving anyone a discount! If anyone needs a getaway it's ME!!! They never came when we were building......

WOW Take a chill pill!
wow.gif
OMG! Now if any of you would like to visit that is different. You were always there (here) for me. Love ya!
teeth_smile.gif

WOW Take a chill pill!
wow.gif
OMG! Now if any of you would like to visit that is different. You were always there (here) for me. Love ya!
teeth_smile.gif
I'm detecting a split personality?! HA! Hang in there and/or call if one of you needs a vacation!

Well, ... that was educational. We covered quite a bit of ground.
The family visits are not a problem as we have a guest house (where we used to live) that is not part of the B&B, so there is always room and no IRS issues. We have private dining space, too for a few family.
The problem was with friends. Nearly all say they want to pay for their room because this is now my livelyhood (as if!), but 1) that makes me feel commercial if I invite them to stay and 2) the rooms can be spendy for some folk.
When I invite people here, I explain that housekeeping, breakfast, and misc amounts to $40 to $60 per room for a few days and that $ contribution would level the field. People can easily pay that and at least feel that they are not taking advantage of me; conversely, I am not profiting from them. Evening food and wine is a potlatch anyway.
I think that the suggestion of offering the "corporate rate" to friends of friends or acquaintances who invite themselves is fair, as it is their decision to come when they do. That is about 15 to 20% off.
As for the matter of entertaining visitors ... that is where all the self guided tourist info comes in handy.
Thanks to all who commented.

Back