FAQ pages

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No! Don't put anything on there like that. FAQs about your inn, not poison ivy and bears! Please don't do it!.
Joey Bloggs said:
No! Don't put anything on there like that. FAQs about your inn, not poison ivy and bears! Please don't do it!
Just went and looked at it and you're right. It looks scary now. Rather than informative, how I meant it.
Maddie, you could save that info for your room books or for some other general info area of the inn.
Samster said:
Maddie, you could save that info for your room books or for some other general info area of the inn.
Such a good point! Don't scare people off before they make the reservation. Give them the additional information they need after they get there. I don't think anybody would blame you for not mentioning on the website that your county has poke berries they shouldn't eat.

Thanks for all of the ideas!
Question- would you have a section on 'wildlife' guests should know about? Some guests have never seen some of the animals we have. Or the bugs. Some have never heard of them, either.
I'm not going to go thru every animal or bug, just the ones guests might have a run in with and ones they should understand. Bear, mosquito, tick, deer, skunk..
What bears and Bambi aren't the attraction? ;-)
Kidding aside, I wouldn't want to stay at a place that sounds scary before I get there. In fact in my Inn search I have taken some places off the list due to certain indigenous wildlife.
Maybe a page or brochure in the room, sort of a helpful hints about our local wildlife, with pictures.
I personally would be more interested in weather, dining, activities, list of events, more about where I am staying than what I should stay away from.
I have put my 2 cents in for the night, back to my business plan. Number crunching time!!! whoo hooo

Thanks for all of the ideas!
Question- would you have a section on 'wildlife' guests should know about? Some guests have never seen some of the animals we have. Or the bugs. Some have never heard of them, either.
I'm not going to go thru every animal or bug, just the ones guests might have a run in with and ones they should understand. Bear, mosquito, tick, deer, skunk..
What bears and Bambi aren't the attraction? ;-)
Kidding aside, I wouldn't want to stay at a place that sounds scary before I get there. In fact in my Inn search I have taken some places off the list due to certain indigenous wildlife.
Maybe a page or brochure in the room, sort of a helpful hints about our local wildlife, with pictures.
I personally would be more interested in weather, dining, activities, list of events, more about where I am staying than what I should stay away from.
I have put my 2 cents in for the night, back to my business plan. Number crunching time!!! whoo hooo
There is a B & B in WV that has bears as the attraction for people to go there. Been there - it is neat!

No! Don't put anything on there like that. FAQs about your inn, not poison ivy and bears! Please don't do it!.
Joey Bloggs said:
No! Don't put anything on there like that. FAQs about your inn, not poison ivy and bears! Please don't do it!
Just went and looked at it and you're right. It looks scary now. Rather than informative, how I meant it.
maybe something along the lines of the flora, fauna, animals. bugs etc may not be what you are used to as we are in a more rural location/different state/ country and therefore look at our guest information or ask if would like more information.

Joey Bloggs said:
My initial thought was for your guest book in-room. Online is TMI.

Can anyone tell me how to delete my website FAQ page posting below, as it too clearly identifies me.
It was only my intention to post for a short while and then delete when this thread went quiet, but for some reason there is no "edit" option on my post in this thread (there is in others).

Can anyone tell me how to delete my website FAQ page posting below, as it too clearly identifies me.
It was only my intention to post for a short while and then delete when this thread went quiet, but for some reason there is no "edit" option on my post in this thread (there is in others)..
Once a post has been replied to the edit button disappears for that post. That happens so someone can't go back later on and delete something after it's been commented on. You could email Swirt and ask him if he can delete it.

It was only my intention to post for a short while and then delete when this thread went quiet, but for some reason there is no "edit" option on my post in this thread (there is in others)..
Highlands John said:
It was only my intention to post for a short while and then delete when this thread went quiet, but for some reason there is no "edit" option on my post in this thread (there is in others).
Email Swirt to have him delete it, once there has been a reply TO YOUR SPECIFIC comment then there is no edit allowed. Like this one, you won't be able to change this one I am replying to.

Highlands John said:
Email Swirt to have him delete it, once there has been a reply TO YOUR SPECIFIC comment then there is no edit allowed. Like this one, you won't be able to change this one I am replying to.
Ah, thank you both.

Back