FAQ pages

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
I want to add a FAQ page and was very impressed with Highland John's any suggestions for commonly asked questions to add?

I haven't read his so some of these might be repetitive:
  • How close are you to...?
  • Do you have WiFi?
  • Is there off street parking? Is it free?
  • Is breakfast included?
  • Are children allowed?
  • Am I supposed to tip?
  • Do you take (cash, travelers cheques, credit cards)?
  • What time is checkin/checkout/breakfast?
  • Can I drink in my room? In the lounge? On the porch?
Other than the questions about the drinking & tipping, everything else is covered somewhere on the website. But, a FAQ page would put it all in one place.

DOGS, Pets, Service Animals
Addtional people
children
smoking
walking nearby
parking
is WIFI free or charged
alcohol
pricing (ie priced per person or per room - for those overseas guests)
payment
Arriving late
etc

Very good stuff. Not everybody will go to a FAQ, but many will, and save the innkeeper's time responding to the same things over and over.
And these are REAL questions. So many websites I've seen over the years have FAQuestions the company seems to have just made up as a way to push their products yet again, rather than answering questions real customers have repeatedly asked.

• Do you have WiFi?
  • Is breakfast included?
  • Are children allowed?
  • Am I supposed to tip?
Other than the questions about the drinking & tipping, everything else is covered somewhere on the website. But, a FAQ page would put it all in one place..
Our FAQs page has grown over the years and was created for the very reason that some questions keep cropping up and I think it's worth crowing about the answers to many.
[edited: link removed by swirt upon request]

• Do you have WiFi?
  • Is breakfast included?
  • Are children allowed?
  • Am I supposed to tip?
Other than the questions about the drinking & tipping, everything else is covered somewhere on the website. But, a FAQ page would put it all in one place..
Our FAQs page has grown over the years and was created for the very reason that some questions keep cropping up and I think it's worth crowing about the answers to many.
Very clear. Great page. Thanks for posting it.

see told ya! It is also a god way to get in key words ie what is a bed and breakfast?

• Do you have WiFi?
  • Is breakfast included?
  • Are children allowed?
  • Am I supposed to tip?
Very useful, thank you. I have to add a FAQ in my website.

• Do you have WiFi?
  • Is breakfast included?
  • Are children allowed?
  • Am I supposed to tip?
Wonderful page! and great timing...I am jsut now updating our site to include a FAQ page. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for all of the ideas!
Question- would you have a section on 'wildlife' guests should know about? Some guests have never seen some of the animals we have. Or the bugs. Some have never heard of them, either.
I'm not going to go thru every animal or bug, just the ones guests might have a run in with and ones they should understand. Bear, mosquito, tick, deer, skunk.

Question- would you have a section on 'wildlife' guests should know about? Some guests have never seen some of the animals we have. Or the bugs. Some have never heard of them, either.
I'm not going to go thru every animal or bug, just the ones guests might have a run in with and ones they should understand. Bear, mosquito, tick, deer, skunk..
I think it might be informative and helpful. Especially the what to do if one happens to encounter any of the 4-legged inhabitants. What a tick looks like and how to remove if a tick found a host might be exceptional info for a city slicker. I think mosquitos are everywhere, just bigger in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota (big enough to ride there).

I'm not going to go thru every animal or bug, just the ones guests might have a run in with and ones they should understand. Bear, mosquito, tick, deer, skunk..
I think it might be informative and helpful. Especially the what to do if one happens to encounter any of the 4-legged inhabitants. What a tick looks like and how to remove if a tick found a host might be exceptional info for a city slicker. I think mosquitos are everywhere, just bigger in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota (big enough to ride there).
gillumhouse said:
Furriners don't know what mosquitoes are unless they have been here before. One mother told her daughter to show me her legs, which were covered with bites. Mom & other daughter were untouched and she was worried the daughter had contracted some disease. She said her daughter complained something was biting her at the outdoor restaurant they went to for dinner.
Looked like mosquito bites to me but I told her she should take her daughter to the walk-in clinic and have them look as they could offer advice on what to do to reduce the itch.

gillumhouse said:
Furriners don't know what mosquitoes are unless they have been here before. One mother told her daughter to show me her legs, which were covered with bites. Mom & other daughter were untouched and she was worried the daughter had contracted some disease. She said her daughter complained something was biting her at the outdoor restaurant they went to for dinner.
Looked like mosquito bites to me but I told her she should take her daughter to the walk-in clinic and have them look as they could offer advice on what to do to reduce the itch.
Include suggestion to not wear perfume if going hiking or to an outdoor restaurant.

Don't forget plants in your FAQ. Irritants like poison ivy, for instance, plus anything that might be dangerous to eat, like poke berries.

Don't forget plants in your FAQ. Irritants like poison ivy, for instance, plus anything that might be dangerous to eat, like poke berries..
Arkansawyer said:
Don't forget plants in your FAQ. Irritants like poison ivy, for instance, plus anything that might be dangerous to eat, like poke berries.
Totally forgot the plants!

Don't forget plants in your FAQ. Irritants like poison ivy, for instance, plus anything that might be dangerous to eat, like poke berries..
I'm going to have to stop now. The wildlife list is getting too long.

No! Don't put anything on there like that. FAQs about your inn, not poison ivy and bears! Please don't do it!

No! Don't put anything on there like that. FAQs about your inn, not poison ivy and bears! Please don't do it!.
Joey Bloggs said:
No! Don't put anything on there like that. FAQs about your inn, not poison ivy and bears! Please don't do it!
Just went and looked at it and you're right. It looks scary now. Rather than informative, how I meant it.

No! Don't put anything on there like that. FAQs about your inn, not poison ivy and bears! Please don't do it!.
Joey Bloggs said:
Just went and looked at it and you're right. It looks scary now. Rather than informative, how I meant it.
Maddie, you could save that info for your room books or for some other general info area of the inn.

Back