Farmers market

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I'm sitting here enjoying the fruits of my labors at the farmers market...watermelon and blueberries. Yum-o!

I got a watermelon in my CSA this week and last - YAY!

I went to a local downtown farmer's market today as well!
Summer Squash, mators, little white tators, and yellow squash. I stayed out of the peaches, pears and apples. I will hit those next time.

Our Farmer's Market is on Wednesday mornings. This week I got tomatoes (plum and yellow grape), a honeydew, peaches, apples, sugar-free crab apple jelly, squash, and eggplant. I baked the eggplant this morning and I am about to go make Poor Man's caviar. I may even drag myself out of the house to go get some crackers for it. Yummo!!!
The boo-hiss is that I will be at Conferences the next 2 Wednesdays, so I not only will not be able to get produce, I will not have anything to sell for the Skate Park (the lady heard that last week and bought 2 loaves of my herb bread to get her through).

Our farmer's market is Saturdays, 9 to 11... practically every one in town seems to be there. But we can't make it there when we have guests!
cry_smile.gif

=)
Kk.

Our farmer's market is Saturdays, 9 to 11... practically every one in town seems to be there. But we can't make it there when we have guests!
cry_smile.gif

=)
Kk..
Ours starts at 7am. By 9am almost everything is gone!

I got a watermelon in my CSA this week and last - YAY!.
muirford said:
I got a watermelon in my CSA this week and last - YAY!
Wow! The CSA I joined is either having a really bad year or it's not all that good. I'm used to the other one I belonged to where they had 'pick your own, take it away' sections where you could have as much as you wanted of certain veggies. And then a 'scratch & dent' section for really ripe tomatoes. I could haul off 10 lbs of squishy tomatoes and make soup.

mmmm fresh produce!
jbj what are mators?
i agree kk, when i can go, it's not happening. and when it is happening, too busy here and can't get away for 3 hours to get there, shop and come back. ohwell.

Help! I have a giant half of a cabbage the size of 4 heads you would get in the store!
I need ideas quick! (We aren't big slaw eaters around here...)

Help! I have a giant half of a cabbage the size of 4 heads you would get in the store!
I need ideas quick! (We aren't big slaw eaters around here...).
Make some stuffed cabbage rolls..YUM...you can freeze them too.

mmmm fresh produce!
jbj what are mators?
i agree kk, when i can go, it's not happening. and when it is happening, too busy here and can't get away for 3 hours to get there, shop and come back. ohwell..
seashanty said:
jbj what are mators?
(to)mators
=)
Kk.
oh .... like 'taters
mators is a new one for me.
seashanty said:
oh .... like 'taters
mators is a new one for me.
There is an animated flick called "CARS" where one character, a beat up ol' tow truck voice-over done by Larry the Cable Guy "Git er done" is named Mater. Tow Mater.
fp8685cars-mater-posters.jpg

Back