Fast breakfast

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom

Reaction score
We don't have a sit down, rather we do individual tables and table service for a few or a buffet when we are full. Current group, by consensus decided 8:00 to 8:30 worked. All 5 rooms showed up at 8:00 and were served and fed by 8:11! They hung around talking, but my work was done by quarter of. It is not usually this easy, like it.

We had one of those days, altho not as quickly over! Everyone showed up at 7:30 (not expected) and the one person who did not grabbed a coffee to go.

Ours never showed up for breakfast this morning…. Nice to see you again Madeline

I had cyclists in last week doing Lands End to John o'Groats, get a few of them and they wanted 7.30 breakfast. When my other guests came back from dinner I told them we'd be serving breakfast from 7.30 so they were welcome to come down whenever they liked.
Everyone came down at 7.30, they'd all checked out by 8.15 and we'd turned all the rooms around by 9.45. That's a record.
It was handy too because it was DHs birthday so we went out for a nice, relaxing lunch.

We love cycling groups because they like to get up and get out early -- except when it's raining!!!

I had cyclists in last week doing Lands End to John o'Groats, get a few of them and they wanted 7.30 breakfast. When my other guests came back from dinner I told them we'd be serving breakfast from 7.30 so they were welcome to come down whenever they liked.
Everyone came down at 7.30, they'd all checked out by 8.15 and we'd turned all the rooms around by 9.45. That's a record.
It was handy too because it was DHs birthday so we went out for a nice, relaxing lunch..
Top Gear did that trek; except with cars .

Triathletes here. They have moved up the start of the race, so it's 4am breakfast again. ** This is the only day of the year I do this, so naturally I have insomnia tonight.

Triathletes here. They have moved up the start of the race, so it's 4am breakfast again. ** This is the only day of the year I do this, so naturally I have insomnia tonight..
Sorry to hear this Innkeep. I hope what little sleep you get will be restful. Hopefully you can have a nap tomorrow or an early bedtime.

It was handy too because it was DHs birthday so we went out for a nice, relaxing lunch..
Morticia said:
If I was going to do it, I'd definitely go by car
regular_smile.gif

Triathletes here. They have moved up the start of the race, so it's 4am breakfast again. ** This is the only day of the year I do this, so naturally I have insomnia tonight..
That's when the young couples get in from the bars... not time for breakfast. Give them a poutine and tell them to go to sleep.

I can sympathize. I am grateful that very few of the horse people want the 4 AM. Even the 6 AM is getting difficult.
Just do not so any more driving today than necessary. Or else keep moving. I find that my body tells me I am an idiot and goes "Garfield" or "Dagwood" on its own when I sit down for 2 minutes.

I do 5:30 breakfast for the Eugene marathon. Most runners have their special routine breakfast so it is mainly for the "support team" (who is wondering why they ended up married to someone who wants to get up while it is still dark and go run 26 plus miles).

I do 5:30 breakfast for the Eugene marathon. Most runners have their special routine breakfast so it is mainly for the "support team" (who is wondering why they ended up married to someone who wants to get up while it is still dark and go run 26 plus miles).
I had that with a body builders wife she said and I quote "men will have their funny little hobbies" - 3 hours a day pumping iron, no carbs, cold steak in a bag before the competition and having to be spray painted with dark brown dye while in paper pants on a plastic sheet by the wife before the competition! id get another hobby!

The triathletes left this am. They were very complementary about my getting up for breakfast. I guess they checked my FB page a couple of times because the email from FB said by getting 511 views my reach went up 16,9333.3%. Ha Ha. I love statistics

On marathon day, we also allow 2:00 pm check-out so folk can shower and pack out after the race. Seems harsh to have to pack up and out by 6:00 am and run the 26 mi. Guest definitely appreciate that. A bit hard on housekeeping, but as it is Sunday, early in the season, we often don't have a full turn.

I had that with a body builders wife she said and I quote "men will have their funny little hobbies" - 3 hours a day pumping iron, no carbs, cold steak in a bag before the competition and having to be spray painted with dark brown dye while in paper pants on a plastic sheet by the wife before the competition! id get another hobby!
or did you mean "id get another hubby!"

Back