Favorite Cookie

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Without getting too gor-met, what is your favorite cookie? Biscuit for those still associated with the crown.

Chocolate chip, hands down. Next in line would be pinwheels made with a nutty chocolate center.

These are the BEST cookies ever. Capable of soliciting spontaneous proposals of marriage (on more than one occasion). Chill the batter overnight and bake from cold. I like them best on the third day after they're baked, when the toffee has had a chance to soften. OMG.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/GIANT-CHOCOLATE-TOFFEE-COOKIES-103095

White Chocolate Chip Macademia Nut Cookies!! I sometimes use those get something I want. Bribery is still quite alive in Miami. :D I use cheesecake and ice cream for that purpose, too. LOL

These are the BEST cookies ever. Capable of soliciting spontaneous proposals of marriage (on more than one occasion). Chill the batter overnight and bake from cold. I like them best on the third day after they're baked, when the toffee has had a chance to soften. OMG.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/GIANT-CHOCOLATE-TOFFEE-COOKIES-103095.
happyjacks said:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/GIANT-CHOCOLATE-TOFFEE-COOKIES-103095
Hey, I have a stuffed shells recipe that got me, my daughter and a good friend of my daughter married. It's a dangerous recipe!

White Chocolate Chip Macademia Nut Cookies!! I sometimes use those get something I want. Bribery is still quite alive in Miami. :D I use cheesecake and ice cream for that purpose, too. LOL.
Sanctuary in Miami said:
White Chocolate Chip Macademia Nut Cookies!! I sometimes use those get something I want. Bribery is still quite alive in Miami. :D I use cheesecake and ice cream for that purpose, too. LOL
Same here....Macademia Nut white chocolate chip...yummmm

Double chocolate chip cookies with nuts. My son makes them the best
tounge_smile.gif

This topic is making me hungry for a good cookie!!

Oh gosh, I love cookies, and used to be known for the dozens of cookies I baked at Christmas. It's hard to say which would be my favorite! Probably chocolate chip... But I also make something called Golden Coconut Diamonds (dh calls them Rum Coconut Diamonds), Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies, or a dozen other recipes. One I love but never make because they're so fussy is Hungarian Kifli... cream cheese and powdered sugar dough filled with a nut filling, they melt in your mouth!
But there's just something wonderful about fresh, warm chocolate chip cookies, esp. with nuts in them.
=)
Kk.

Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip cookies... it the urban myth recipe that has been floating around the 'net for years. But it makes a lot and is tasty. I also love the almond horn cookies from Italian bakeries (Vaccaro's in Baltimore... to die for!!) crispy outside with lots of sliced almonds and a soft inside made with marzipan.

I am a cookie lover also!!! And I have proof of it :)
We used to make at least 30 different kinds of cookies at Christmas. But the last few years, I have put that tradition to rest. And, now that we have closed the B & B, I am not doing much baking at all. I love to do it..but I am the one who ends up eating it...and I don't need to gain any more weight
sad_smile.gif

I'm having a tough time trying to lose what I have. No need for temptation around here
devil_smile.gif

I have to say the good old Chocolate Chip cookies are my favorite!!! Though I load them up with nuts, 3 or 4 different flavors of chips as well. Oh my I am getting an urge
embaressed_smile.gif

tounge_smile.gif

This topic is making me hungry for a good cookie!!.
Samster said:
tounge_smile.gif

This topic is making me hungry for a good cookie!!
What would be your favorite nut in these cookies, like pecans?

Greek butter cookies (kourabiedes) are awesome, as well as the very similar rum balls around Christmas with teh crushed almonds, after they sit a couple days so they don't just crumble to bits! But you still get the icing sugar all over your lips eating them.
Our friend's mom who was from Greece and spoke no english at all, made these for every special ocassion. I can taste them now...

Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip cookies... it the urban myth recipe that has been floating around the 'net for years. But it makes a lot and is tasty. I also love the almond horn cookies from Italian bakeries (Vaccaro's in Baltimore... to die for!!) crispy outside with lots of sliced almonds and a soft inside made with marzipan..
OMG...You know Vaccaro's in Baltimore??? Did you know that you can buy their stuff online?? We LOVE that place...always went there after a show in Baltimore. The best gelato!! And cannolis, cookies, etc. YUM, Yum, yum
tounge_smile.gif

Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip cookies... it the urban myth recipe that has been floating around the 'net for years. But it makes a lot and is tasty. I also love the almond horn cookies from Italian bakeries (Vaccaro's in Baltimore... to die for!!) crispy outside with lots of sliced almonds and a soft inside made with marzipan..
OMG...You know Vaccaro's in Baltimore??? Did you know that you can buy their stuff online?? We LOVE that place...always went there after a show in Baltimore. The best gelato!! And cannolis, cookies, etc. YUM, Yum, yum
tounge_smile.gif

Samster said:
tounge_smile.gif
Little Italy in Baltimore is on my list to do this year. There is a new aquarium there on the harbor that is supposed to be worthwhile. I WILL GO TO BALTIMORE THIS YEAR. I have never been.
sad_smile.gif

tounge_smile.gif

Samster said:
tounge_smile.gif
Little Italy in Baltimore is on my list to do this year. There is a new aquarium there on the harbor that is supposed to be worthwhile. I WILL GO TO BALTIMORE THIS YEAR. I have never been.
sad_smile.gif

Ok, so you made me do it...Chocolate chip cookies just came out of the oven
devil_smile.gif

Been a while...I thought I had the convection on and about a min into it I checked the top batch..uh oh.... I had regular oven on...they got overly brown..but at least not burned. Hubby is scarfing them down!!! He thanked me for making them for him...hey....they are for me!!!!
wink_smile.gif

Gosh I guess we missed Littly Italy when we were there:-(
The Harbor area is GREAT! Very expensive to stay in that area as well. There is a great antique place on the way up in Frederick..great little town as well.

tounge_smile.gif

Samster said:
tounge_smile.gif
sad_smile.gif

If you go, I will meet you there
regular_smile.gif
I'll show you all the great places to go. The aquarium as been there for quite awhile but I think they just added something to it. I used to work not far from Camden Yards. You don't want to go to the places in Little Italy that are the tourist traps...there are some better places. We also have friends that own an Italian restaurant there in Dundalk. You have to have Maryland Steamed Crabs
tounge_smile.gif

tounge_smile.gif

Samster said:
tounge_smile.gif
sad_smile.gif

regular_smile.gif
I'll show you all the great places to go. The aquarium as been there for quite awhile but I think they just added something to it. I used to work not far from Camden Yards. You don't want to go to the places in Little Italy that are the tourist traps...there are some better places. We also have friends that own an Italian restaurant there in Dundalk. You have to have Maryland Steamed Crabs
tounge_smile.gif

Yeah there is a whole new complex that has been added to the Harbor Area. I think Gaylord..from Opryland had something to do with it.

tounge_smile.gif

Samster said:
tounge_smile.gif
sad_smile.gif

regular_smile.gif
tounge_smile.gif

Yeah there is a whole new complex that has been added to the Harbor Area. I think Gaylord..from Opryland had something to do with it.
Continuing the side track...The National Aquarium at Baltimore has a new 4D movie theater. Baltimore is a great city & there is plenty to do at the Inner Harbor. I used to walk down there from work on my lunch hour in the nice weather
regular_smile.gif

tounge_smile.gif

We moved here from Parkville, MD and went to Vaccaro's often. Also, there's one in Union Station, in DC - Jim would stop by there sometimes and bring cookies home.. He commuted from Parkville (north of Baltimore) to DC daily.
I'd like to try to make the almond horns sometime.

tounge_smile.gif

Samster said:
tounge_smile.gif
sad_smile.gif

We went to the aquarium just before they opened their new Australia exhibit. Well worth the visit.. Inner Harbor is a great place to visit and watching baseball at Camden Yards is the best!! A smaller stadium... I'm way off topic... sorry!!!
Cookies... another cookie I love is my grandmother's lace cookie... an oatmeal cookie that is really thin and buttery and crispy
Like a lot of folks, Christmas is the time that we make the most cookies.. Cinnamon Sticks... a shortbread cookie the size of a finger that's rolled in cinnamon sugar and baked til light brown. Oatmeal Raisin cookies, classic cookie in our house.

Back