Favorite fall breakfasts?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
Do you switch the menu for fall? I love fall flavors. Tomorrow we are serving homemade applesauce and a slice of gingerbread as our starter followed by zucchini quiche (but we call it baked veggie omelette). 🤣

I’m planning to make apple cider doughnuts for next weekend. I bought pumpkin pancake mix. I served apple slices with caramel sauce and walnuts and called it caramel apple cup. I also made pumpkin muffins. A long time favorite.

What are your favorite fall breakfasts?

Sweet potato hash, with sausage, yellow squash, zucchini, peppers & onions, served with an egg on top. And on the side - Pumpkin Spice Scones with Maple Spice icing!

The applesauce and gingerbread together was a big hit.
I’ll have to look for baked pears. Sounds awesome.

Bought my pumpkins this week. Will be making pumpkin chocolate chip muffins again.

and will have it for my Thanksgiving pumpkin pies (I already have the locally ,sade whiskey for the pies.

Cranberry-Apple compotes, Pumpkin Waffles with bourbon whipped cream, Dutch babies with sauteed apples

That Apple cake you liked the picture of was super easy. I had planned one with apple cider but there were too many steps, including reducing the cider, so I grabbed an easy one. It was better this morning than last night. Served warm. Would be good with whipped cream or ice cream. I sprinkled a little cinnamon sugar on it.

We also do a pear crisp which guests like. We’re not good at doing poached pears, which are yummy!

Poached pears, pumpkin waffles with toasted pecans, cranberries and maple syrup, pumpkin donut holes, baked Honeycrisp apples, pumpkin scones...pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin.

Baked apples, pumpkin walnut crumb muffins, apple compote to put over yogurt or pancakes, sweet potato (or butternut squash or a mix) hash topped with fried eggs.

Sweet potatoes (instead of russets) sneak in to breakfast sides this time of year for multi day stays. Applesauce from our tree appears periodically throughout the winter. Otherwise not much change. Most prefer savory breakfasts. I'm getting more requests for non-sweet breakfasts.

That Apple cake you liked the picture of was super easy. I had planned one with apple cider but there were too many steps, including reducing the cider, so I grabbed an easy one. It was better this morning than last night. Served warm. Would be good with whipped cream or ice cream. I sprinkled a little cinnamon sugar on it.
I made one with Apple cider that you reduced to apple molasses. It was good but not worth the time and effort!

Back