Favorite fnger food recipes or presentation?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
As you probably know, we are on a holiday open house tour (again) this year. Do you have a go to finger food recipe that 1) looks great 2) lasts for a few hours?
I'm probably going to put out a spinach dip and some cheese, but yawn. I was looking at crab cakes because they are ocean-y, but I wonder if I'd have to stress on keeping them hot?
I also thought of mini quiche since we serve individual quiche at our breakfast, but again - the keeping it hot thing.
I do like the food to look festive as well. Maybe the old cream cheese in the shape of a tree with pepper jelly....
Best suggestions?

Cheese scones. Cheese straws. Spanokopita. Cucumber sandwiches. Swedish meatballs (kept in a Crock-Pot). Sweet and sour meatballs (ditto Crock-Pot). Those little sausages in a Crock-Pot. Tramezzini.

Most quiches can be served room temperature - I wouldn't worry about keeping them hot, hot. Those pre-made phyllo cups can be filled with a lot of things. French toast sticks, maybe in squares on skewers with some fruit in between. Mini-muffins - orange-cranberry are seasonal. Mozzarella ball/cherry tomato/basil skewers drizzled with olive oil get you Christmas colors.

Thanks. Cute idea to use basil for green in Christmas colors! Cheese scones give me a good idea, too.
We had opted out of this year's tour. In 4 years, we'd already done 4 tours (one year we did 2!) So this is 5 in 5 years. But we were kind of pressured into it. that's why my attitude is less festive and creative this year! BUT - if we're doing it, we should do it right!!

Thanks. Cute idea to use basil for green in Christmas colors! Cheese scones give me a good idea, too.
We had opted out of this year's tour. In 4 years, we'd already done 4 tours (one year we did 2!) So this is 5 in 5 years. But we were kind of pressured into it. that's why my attitude is less festive and creative this year! BUT - if we're doing it, we should do it right!!.
But you've made all the cookie bags already!

Have you seen the penguins made with black olives, cream cheese, and carrots? Easy to make and they are cute.

Back