Fawlty Towers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
I have heard many folks talk about this show but just found it for myself on Netflix...I have found what will keep me going thru the summer months! It is very funny, and the lead actress' name is Prunella...how cool is that???
regular_smile.gif

Prunella Scales. What a name!
You've never seen it? Oh, you are in for a treat.

You've never seen it? Oh, you are in for a treat..
I didn't even realize it was John Cleese (LOVE him!)...I had a quiet afternoon and hubs took a much-needed nap so I decided to log onto Netflix and see what was available on "Watch Now"...Fawlty Towers popped up on the screen and I recognized the name so watched an episode...I was in stitches! I have to get hubs to sit down and watch it with me, he will enjoy it as well.

I didn't even realize it was John Cleese (LOVE him!)...I had a quiet afternoon and hubs took a much-needed nap so I decided to log onto Netflix and see what was available on "Watch Now"...Fawlty Towers popped up on the screen and I recognized the name so watched an episode...I was in stitches! I have to get hubs to sit down and watch it with me, he will enjoy it as well.
John Cleese is (in this series) married in real life to Connie (name escapes me) who plays Polly the maid.

John Cleese is (in this series) married in real life to Connie (name escapes me) who plays Polly the maid.
Good trivia! I think she is co-writer/co-creator with Cleese.
In addition to all the funny innkeeping stuff, it's also reminding me of the Ropers (from Three's Company, another fave of mine) with the relationship between the husband and wife...and the physical comedy is great as well. Do you know how many seasons there were of this?

In addition to all the funny innkeeping stuff, it's also reminding me of the Ropers (from Three's Company, another fave of mine) with the relationship between the husband and wife...and the physical comedy is great as well. Do you know how many seasons there were of this?
ONE. That's it. 12 episodes.
And, yes, they co wrote the scripts, performed together and were married. Yikes!

And, yes, they co wrote the scripts, performed together and were married. Yikes!
Ooh...thanx for telling me about that! I need to savor every one!

Ooh...thanx for telling me about that! I need to savor every one!
Not sure which one you started with but here's another bit of trivia...watch the sign out front in the opening scenes/credits. It's SUPPOSED to say 'Fawlty Towers' but it doesn't always.

BTW, when guests ask us if running a B&B is like The Bob Newhart Show, we tell them, 'No, it's like Fawlty Towers.'

BTW, when guests ask us if running a B&B is like The Bob Newhart Show, we tell them, 'No, it's like Fawlty Towers.'.
Connie Booth.
And I have noticed the letters falling off the sign. Can you imagine doing breakfast, lunch and dinner???

Friends gave us the series on DVD when we left Boston to begin our careers at our Inn. It is hysterical and should be required viewing for any potential innkeeper, and maybe for any potential B&B guest.

BTW, when guests ask us if running a B&B is like The Bob Newhart Show, we tell them, 'No, it's like Fawlty Towers.'.
Connie Booth.
And I have noticed the letters falling off the sign. Can you imagine doing breakfast, lunch and dinner???
InnsiderInfo said:
Connie Booth.
Watch for when the letters are rearranged...

yes, I always loved those 12 shows. great viewing if you get the time.

Got hubs to sit down with me and watch a few this afternoon and he liked it as well. So far "Warty Towels" is my favorite re-lettering of the sign!
I just love Cleese's delivery...he is so QUICK and undertone...you've got to be on your toes to catch it all!
Does anyone watch "Deadliest Catch"? We also feel an odd kinship with those crab fishermen...at this point in our season we start to feel like we are "on the grind" just like they are!

Back