FB H O M E revealed - Scary

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
The new FB app and phone was revealed this morning. Some really scary privacy issues. I'm afraid the younger generation has no idea how privacy issue are important or will be important to them later on. This new form of FB will be able to track you, tap into your phone to see who you call and how long you talk, give you ads for business near where you are during the day., i.e. At least for now, this is an optional app. You can continue to use the older mobile app...at least for now. There is no way I'll be downloading this crap!
Read about it HERE

1984 was just a little slower than they thought. Resistance was more than expected. Does not have much more time to wait to be complete. Perhaps one more generation. My generation that REALLY remembers is dying off. Most of my grandchildren have never known anything else. History has been rewritten. Cell phones have had trackersfor years.
Did you know mailmen have been tracked for years? We know a mailman who told us they had trackers on them to know they were where they were supposed to be and when they were supposed to be there and IF they were.

I was using Pandora on my tablet until this latest iteration where they wanted to be able to send messages, without my knowing it, to anyone in my address book. And to see who I talked with the most, blah blah. Uninstall. It's too bad. I liked being able to listen to tunes while working. I'll just have to download my music.

1984 was just a little slower than they thought. Resistance was more than expected. Does not have much more time to wait to be complete. Perhaps one more generation. My generation that REALLY remembers is dying off. Most of my grandchildren have never known anything else. History has been rewritten. Cell phones have had trackersfor years.
Did you know mailmen have been tracked for years? We know a mailman who told us they had trackers on them to know they were where they were supposed to be and when they were supposed to be there and IF they were..
They're not very discreet. We watched the tracker follow our mailman around the neighborhood, about 2 feet behind him.

Breakfast Diva said:
I'm afraid the younger generation has no idea how privacy issue are important or will be important to them later on.
Privacy issues? That same younger generation send the most revealing photos of themselves to everyone they know, to then be forwarded to everyone the friends know. Really strange new world coming fast. Queen Victoria would not approve.

people check in to my place with facebook - ie im not home please burgle me - I do sometimes so it pops up to my followers but I live here!

Did you know mailmen have been tracked for years? We know a mailman who told us they had trackers on them to know they were where they were supposed to be and when they were supposed to be there and IF they were..
I've often wondered do they read 1984 or Brave New World anymore??? Very scary stuff these days...new better smaller sizes! We know where you are and that's a good thing....right.

Another one to think about is the 'always on' video game. If it's 'always on' then it's always tracking what other apps or games or TV shows or phone calls or emails or web surfing you're doing.
I am sure it's an age thing but I turn the gadgets off at night. Computer & tablet are off. Ringer on the phone in my bedroom is off. The other ringer is far enough away that I can say, 'Huh, what, phone, snerrrk.'

Back