FB Protocol - Now what am I supposed to do?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
The lady who was here this weekend has done a Like on FB. Am I supposed to do anything besides know she did the Like?

Nothing required. I never know who has liked us from one day to the next. If anyone knows how to tell who just liked you, let me know. I used to do a 'welcome to our newest fan' greeting but now I can't tell who the newest fan is.

Nothing required. I never know who has liked us from one day to the next. If anyone knows how to tell who just liked you, let me know. I used to do a 'welcome to our newest fan' greeting but now I can't tell who the newest fan is..
I got a notification e-mail from FB.

Nope, nothing you need to do. I noticed that your inn has two facebook pages. Do you administer both of them? If so you should merge them into one. You can find instructions for that here: http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=249601088403018.
David Pearce said:
Nope, nothing you need to do. I noticed that your inn has two facebook pages. Do you administer both of them? If so you should merge them into one. You can find instructions for that here: http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=249601088403018
How do we merge the page that TA made with our name that redirect to our page on TA? And get my "likes" back?

Nope, nothing you need to do. I noticed that your inn has two facebook pages. Do you administer both of them? If so you should merge them into one. You can find instructions for that here: http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=249601088403018.
David Pearce said:
Nope, nothing you need to do. I noticed that your inn has two facebook pages. Do you administer both of them? If so you should merge them into one. You can find instructions for that here: http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=249601088403018
How do we merge the page that TA made with our name that redirect to our page on TA? And get my "likes" back?
Are you saying you have two pages on TripAdvisor you want to merge? Or that TripAdvisor created a page for your inn on Facebook that you want to merge with your real facebook page?
If you provide links I can look into it. If you want to email them to me in private it's [email protected].

I tried to do that. There were 3 fan pages and I managed to merge 2 of them but the one that has beaucoup Likes does not show me a merge "button". I went to a class on FB and managed to get the wrong page hooked up and have had problems ever since. The "expert" had us make it connect to our personal page somehow - both of them now have 2 administrators - both of which are me.

I tried to do that. There were 3 fan pages and I managed to merge 2 of them but the one that has beaucoup Likes does not show me a merge "button". I went to a class on FB and managed to get the wrong page hooked up and have had problems ever since. The "expert" had us make it connect to our personal page somehow - both of them now have 2 administrators - both of which are me.
Try removing 1 of the administrator accounts for both pages. Make sure both pages only have 1 administrator and that it's the same administrator for both pages.
Then make sure you're logged in as that administrator and see if you can follow the steps to merge them again.
If you need to you can go back in and add the other administrator once the pages are merged.

Try removing 1 of the administrator accounts for both pages. Make sure both pages only have 1 administrator and that it's the same administrator for both pages.
Then make sure you're logged in as that administrator and see if you can follow the steps to merge them again.
If you need to you can go back in and add the other administrator once the pages are merged.
OK, both have one administrator now, same one. BOTH have the same password and BOTH do not list merge as an option under resources. Ideas??? I am open and willing to try whatever. Obviously would rather keep the beaucoup but at his point in time do not really care. Just want it to become ONE page.

OK, both have one administrator now, same one. BOTH have the same password and BOTH do not list merge as an option under resources. Ideas??? I am open and willing to try whatever. Obviously would rather keep the beaucoup but at his point in time do not really care. Just want it to become ONE page.
Okay, I think the problem is that they have different names. Rename one so that they have the exact same page names. Then go to the one you want to keep and see if the merge link is there.

Okay, I think the problem is that they have different names. Rename one so that they have the exact same page names. Then go to the one you want to keep and see if the merge link is there.
Yea!! Thank you. We have lift-off. When I set up the page in the first place FB would not let me use Bed & Breakfast so I used BnB. Then later when I was told to set it up from my personal page it took what I wanted it to be originally. Then the "expert" had us link our business pages to our personal pages with the administrator. What the benefit was of that I have no idea. Now I can log in to the business page and then I can log in to my personal page. Thank you.

Yea!! Thank you. We have lift-off. When I set up the page in the first place FB would not let me use Bed & Breakfast so I used BnB. Then later when I was told to set it up from my personal page it took what I wanted it to be originally. Then the "expert" had us link our business pages to our personal pages with the administrator. What the benefit was of that I have no idea. Now I can log in to the business page and then I can log in to my personal page. Thank you.
Great! You're welcome :)

Back