Featured Inn

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
I want to invite any innkeeper who has not done so yet to put their B&B pic and link on the featured inn rotation. It is a perk of being on this forum. You can add it through your account profile.

You really should take advantage of the Featured Inn feature. My web tracker shows thissite to be one of my highest referrers and from the locations - it is mostly the visitors to the site who are looking. (as opposed to the users)

Excellent point. And just in case anyone needs help, here are the directions.
The most common hang-up seems to be people not clicking the "Add image" link and uploading a photo of their inn. If the three pieces of info are not entered (photo, web address, and location details) then the ad will not appear.

You really should take advantage of the Featured Inn feature. My web tracker shows thissite to be one of my highest referrers and from the locations - it is mostly the visitors to the site who are looking. (as opposed to the users).
WOW..that is good to know. See what little folks can accomplish in a short amount of time:)

You really should take advantage of the Featured Inn feature. My web tracker shows thissite to be one of my highest referrers and from the locations - it is mostly the visitors to the site who are looking. (as opposed to the users).
gillumhouse said:
You really should take advantage of the Featured Inn feature. My web tracker shows thissite to be one of my highest referrers and from the locations - it is mostly the visitors to the site who are looking. (as opposed to the users)
Had to go check...most of the clicks are from the featured inn pic, but a lot are from links I posted to stuff on my website. Mostly 'us' looking at things I posted in response to questions, I would think.
OTOH, anyone ever heard of 'mail.anumedicalspa.com'? I'm getting a lot of views from there from a single viewer. ie- 'new visits' is 0, so it's the same person/server/location that keeps hitting the site.
Another one is globalbedandbreakfastlinks.com. For a site that's pretty blah, it's #11 on referrers.

The most common hang-up seems to be people not clicking the "Add image" link and uploading a photo of their inn. If the three pieces of info are not entered (photo, web address, and location details) then the ad will not appear..
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Quite confusing to select "edit" features in a "view" tab
I'm curious to test this feature (not so convincing test as we are located in Quebec) as i don't really imagine travelers going on a innkeeper forum to make b&b choices.

The most common hang-up seems to be people not clicking the "Add image" link and uploading a photo of their inn. If the three pieces of info are not entered (photo, web address, and location details) then the ad will not appear..
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Quite confusing to select "edit" features in a "view" tab
I'm curious to test this feature (not so convincing test as we are located in Quebec) as i don't really imagine travelers going on a innkeeper forum to make b&b choices.
I think we get people who are not innkeepers also. GeorgiaGirl who posts is not an innkeeper - she is an inn-goer.

Thankyou. I will add my inn to this listing. Has anyone had a booking or comment coming from this forum via a guest?

Bonne Adresse said:
It has more to do with helping your website do well in searches. The information you enter (such as "Ashland, Ohio bed and breakfast") creates a link to your website with that search term. Then later, when someone does a Google search for "Ashland, Ohio bed and breakfast" your (in this case, my) website does better in the search.
So, no direct guests or reservations, but very good for your website to be listed here.
=)
Kk.

Bonne Adresse said:
It has more to do with helping your website do well in searches. The information you enter (such as "Ashland, Ohio bed and breakfast") creates a link to your website with that search term. Then later, when someone does a Google search for "Ashland, Ohio bed and breakfast" your (in this case, my) website does better in the search.
So, no direct guests or reservations, but very good for your website to be listed here.
=)
Kk.
I think regular participation to the forum will give more audience for google search (your profile is linked to any of your threads, and the more pertinent is your profile, the better) - it depends also on keywords found in the threads. For sure featured inn will help but not so much from my opinion.

Bonne Adresse said:
=)
Kk.
I think regular participation to the forum will give more audience for google search (your profile is linked to any of your threads, and the more pertinent is your profile, the better) - it depends also on keywords found in the threads. For sure featured inn will help but not so much from my opinion.
Your logic is good, but Google can spot the footprint of most of the major forum software (including this one) and likely discounts user profiles from the start. The same way it discounts sitewide links. It is questionable whether google would treat the featured inn links as sitewide since they rotate. If more participated so that there was a bigger pool of featured inn links, the more likely they would not be seen as sitewide links.

I think we get people who are not innkeepers also. GeorgiaGirl who posts is not an innkeeper - she is an inn-goer.
gillumhouse said:
I'm a want to be!
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

gillumhouse said:
I'm an Innkeeper Assistant, not an owner (yet!)

Back