Fedrooms.com

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrambled_eggs

Reaction score
I'm just curious if anyone on here has used Fedrooms.com to list their B & B for government rates. I asked the question in a previous thread but no one responded. If anyone has done this how has it worked out for you? Is it easy to list with them?

Oops...just realized this was the thread you were saying you posted on
embaressed_smile.gif
(must be time for bed)

Yeah they were just talking about it and that is how I first heard about it. I don't think anyone said they were actually using it. I just want to figure out a way to get government people here on business to keep me busy in the slow season. I am not sure how they would find me and know that I would offer a government rate. If anyone knows of a better website for that let me know. I was thinking that if I offered the government rate it would be for one person only per room traveling on business and breakfast would not be included in that since the rate would be so low.

Yeah they were just talking about it and that is how I first heard about it. I don't think anyone said they were actually using it. I just want to figure out a way to get government people here on business to keep me busy in the slow season. I am not sure how they would find me and know that I would offer a government rate. If anyone knows of a better website for that let me know. I was thinking that if I offered the government rate it would be for one person only per room traveling on business and breakfast would not be included in that since the rate would be so low..
I do take the per diem but am lot listed on fedrooms (to my knowledge since I may have done something years ago and now forgot it) and I do include breakfast since it is complimentery with any reservation. In the winter - everything helps and my rooms are individually climate controlled. I do not have to heat the entire upstairs for one room, just that room and the bathroom.

Yeah they were just talking about it and that is how I first heard about it. I don't think anyone said they were actually using it. I just want to figure out a way to get government people here on business to keep me busy in the slow season. I am not sure how they would find me and know that I would offer a government rate. If anyone knows of a better website for that let me know. I was thinking that if I offered the government rate it would be for one person only per room traveling on business and breakfast would not be included in that since the rate would be so low..
In our area, we would not be able to exclude breakfast. Witholding it for a lower room rate would be the same as charging extra for breakfast, which is not allowed.

Just looked at the accommodations offered in my town. Would not rent a room for those rates. Unlike big hotels we can't shift the cost to more expensive rooms.

Back