Feedback Appreciated

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"This is not a veiled attempt at a sales pitch. I just want to get honest input before we approach businesses."
I am not in agreement, Swirt, I apologize in advance. This is the line that forced my hand, as there has been only 1 post here so the pretense of getting input is invalid in my book. The whole approach to what he is doing is his own business, and of course no one has to participate here if they don't want to, as he said he wanted HONEST input, so that is what he received. I too appreciate honesty.

Admin note: True to his word, brucecadle has reached out to me to remove this post, since he can not remove it once people have replied to it. He promised he would remove it and that is what he asked to do.
I admire him being true to his word, however I have respectfully denied his request because that would erase the contributions that many of you made without refunding you the time you took to make them.
Reminder to all though. Vendors related to our trade are welcome here. There is no actual requirement that they post a bunch of small talk first and then get to a sales pitch. The terms of service on the site requires that they act in plain sight (which Bruce has done). Making small talk sometimes feels less like plain site than simple conversational niceties so I would rather not make that a requirement formally or informally. We may or may not have to agree with what they are offering or requesting, but they are welcome. Repeated Spamming is a different story and does not have to be tolerated..
He did not present himself as a vendor, but as an innkeeper. I would have no problem if his offer had been listed under resources. Transparency is the issue for me.
Swirt, I do appreciate you leaving it up. Thank you for all that you do.

Admin note: True to his word, brucecadle has reached out to me to remove this post, since he can not remove it once people have replied to it. He promised he would remove it and that is what he asked to do.
I admire him being true to his word, however I have respectfully denied his request because that would erase the contributions that many of you made without refunding you the time you took to make them.
Reminder to all though. Vendors related to our trade are welcome here. There is no actual requirement that they post a bunch of small talk first and then get to a sales pitch. The terms of service on the site requires that they act in plain sight (which Bruce has done). Making small talk sometimes feels less like plain site than simple conversational niceties so I would rather not make that a requirement formally or informally. We may or may not have to agree with what they are offering or requesting, but they are welcome. Repeated Spamming is a different story and does not have to be tolerated..
He did not present himself as a vendor, but as an innkeeper. I would have no problem if his offer had been listed under resources. Transparency is the issue for me.
Swirt, I do appreciate you leaving it up. Thank you for all that you do.
HI Breakfast Diva,
A year ago, when he first landed here, he was an innkeeper. He clearly stated in this post that he is done with that and taking a different but related direction. This should probably not go under resources because this, to me, looks like a one shot event, not a continual service offering. Posting in the 'wrong' spot is not a crime.

"This is not a veiled attempt at a sales pitch. I just want to get honest input before we approach businesses."
I am not in agreement, Swirt, I apologize in advance. This is the line that forced my hand, as there has been only 1 post here so the pretense of getting input is invalid in my book. The whole approach to what he is doing is his own business, and of course no one has to participate here if they don't want to, as he said he wanted HONEST input, so that is what he received. I too appreciate honesty..
So after a couple of posts, a year apart you have put your stamp of disapproval on him and labelled him disingenuous? He has already apologized and retreated more than he needs to.

Back