Feeding your blog to Face Book

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Has anyone tried doing this? I followed the directions posted by Acorn and got error messages that my blog feed URL (RSS) was not valid. I'm guessing there is another step in there some place that I am missing. If anyone has done this, could you show me how?

I saw that on the left side bar and didn't work it out either, didn't try too hard since I am not a FB hoodoo guru.

I use networkedblogs.com When I set it up the way Acorn suggested, it took almost a whole day to go from my blog to my FB page. Now, it does it in a matter of minutes.

I have to admit I never I do a direct feed, although I do have one for Facebook to Twitter. I prefer to write a short FB entry about the blog post, with whatever pertinent info that I want people to see first, and then add the FB link to the blog. I know some others do this too - ayeechihuahua comes to mind. The blogcasting from FB (pulling from my blog onto the FB page) had never worked really well for me, either.

I use networkedblogs.com When I set it up the way Acorn suggested, it took almost a whole day to go from my blog to my FB page. Now, it does it in a matter of minutes..
Yep, me too the Acorn way is a bit too out of the way - Networkblogs works great for me too - in seconds

Do you have RSS feed for your blog? I don't see it anywhere. I did it the other day with a clients' blog..but took it off because he said most of the same stuff on facebook already.
I really hate those A Cor B sites which have a ton of space taken up on the home page with blog stuff on it. If I want to read the blog..just give me the link. I don't like having that stuff on a home page.

Do you have RSS feed for your blog? I don't see it anywhere. I did it the other day with a clients' blog..but took it off because he said most of the same stuff on facebook already.
I really hate those A Cor B sites which have a ton of space taken up on the home page with blog stuff on it. If I want to read the blog..just give me the link. I don't like having that stuff on a home page..
The directions said to click the RSS feed icon in the toolbar when your blog is up. I did that, got a different URL (basically the blog URL with 'feed' added to it) and tried to plug that into FB. No dice.

I really hate those A Cor B sites which have a ton of space taken up on the home page with blog stuff on it. If I want to read the blog..just give me the link. I don't like having that stuff on a home page..
The directions said to click the RSS feed icon in the toolbar when your blog is up. I did that, got a different URL (basically the blog URL with 'feed' added to it) and tried to plug that into FB. No dice.
You can use feedburner to 'clean' your feed and then submit the feedburner cleansed feed. I have to do that with some of the feeds that I use with the aggregator on this site.

Back