Feel So Good

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trishany

Reaction score
ur last guests have left, AND they were the most memorable couple ever -- they have saint bernards -- won't get into it, but it's very, very unbelievable.
I just know that we are here in this B&B cause we are supposed to be here -- too many connections with guests (just TOO many).
Anybody else feel the same way?
One door closes, and another one opens.
SOMEONE told me that we are making HIM very proud.
Never, ever envisioned being an innkeeper.
But after retiring from a high stress job, and vegatating (for one year) in a place unknown to me, away from my family (2 hours away -- but, for me, that was a LONG way from my Mom and my sisters) and listening to my better half about opening a B&B, I agreed.
HE was right.

B&B magic, the unexpected relationship .... This summer, 2 american couples clients (we are located in Quebec province) invite us to visit them, NY and Florida .... Received recently a nice card from an other american client. Challenge is to keep receptive and open minded even when tired. One bad day can be followed by an exceptional one .... Never know when it arrives !

If you asked me five years ago I never would have imagined I'd have ended up here.
But here's where I definitely am supposed to be.
Cool, isn't it?
=)
Kk.

Thank you VERY much for reminding me of this. It is so true, we are all where we are at in life for a host of reasons, especially as Innkeepers. It is a true vocation and a real way of ministering to others.
This helped me get over my Friday afternoon cookie hissy fit! Ready to go another round this week.

Thank you VERY much for reminding me of this. It is so true, we are all where we are at in life for a host of reasons, especially as Innkeepers. It is a true vocation and a real way of ministering to others.
This helped me get over my Friday afternoon cookie hissy fit! Ready to go another round this week..
InnsiderInfo said:
This helped me get over my Friday afternoon cookie hissy fit! Ready to go another round this week.
Only an innkeeper could have a "cookie hissy fit"
teeth_smile.gif

This helped me get over my Friday afternoon cookie hissy fit! Ready to go another round this week..
InnsiderInfo said:
teeth_smile.gif

Yes, the things that can get me revved up now that I wouldn't have DREAMT of a few years ago! Thanks for helping talk me down off of the "cookie ledge"!
teeth_smile.gif

InnsiderInfo said:
teeth_smile.gif

Yes, the things that can get me revved up now that I wouldn't have DREAMT of a few years ago! Thanks for helping talk me down off of the "cookie ledge"!
teeth_smile.gif

InnsiderInfo said:
teeth_smile.gif
We've all stood a little too close to that ledge ourselves,
A few months ago the man who was eating up the entire house. We had a full house for graduation weekend and he left no crumb behind. I was furious. Dh said to me matter-of-factly (I hate matter-of-factly statements)"Don't put anything out."
I got so mad. What about the OTHER guests? Should they suffer because of one greedy mongrel? The more I put out the more HE ate.
They left and I felt so duped. Dh was no consolation, he said "I told you not to put anything else out."
But see normally it doesn't even get eaten, my snack area goes out of date before it goes empty.

InnsiderInfo said:
teeth_smile.gif

teeth_smile.gif

InnsiderInfo said:
teeth_smile.gif
A few months ago the man who was eating up the entire house. We had a full house for graduation weekend and he left no crumb behind. I was furious. Dh said to me matter-of-factly (I hate matter-of-factly statements)"Don't put anything out."
I got so mad. What about the OTHER guests? Should they suffer because of one greedy mongrel? The more I put out the more HE ate.
They left and I felt so duped. Dh was no consolation, he said "I told you not to put anything else out."
But see normally it doesn't even get eaten, my snack area goes out of date before it goes empty.
Is there anything more frustrating than someone being matter-of-fact when you're in a full steam?!?!

InnsiderInfo said:
teeth_smile.gif

teeth_smile.gif

InnsiderInfo said:
teeth_smile.gif
Is there anything more frustrating than someone being matter-of-fact when you're in a full steam?!?!
InnsiderInfo said:
You mean like when I say I feel cruddy and he replied "You haven't been taking your vitamins?"
No! I am cleaning up after people day after day and their germs! WHAT DO YOU THINK! ha ha

InnsiderInfo said:
teeth_smile.gif

teeth_smile.gif

InnsiderInfo said:
teeth_smile.gif
InnsiderInfo said:
No.

innsiderinfo -- your are welcome!! Hope you feel the same way. Whoever is guiding me, he/she led me to the right spot.
Alot of the guests ask "this must have always been a dream of yours". When the first guest asked that, I just looked at her with this blank stare. Of all my dreams, this wasn't one of them. Really made me think. I know being a B&B owner is a dream for ALOT of people. Me -- being a B&B owner was the farthest thing from my mind.
But here we are now, after numerous tragedies, in this beautiful home, meeting beautiful people. It just comes so easy for us.
We are the most lucky and blessed people in the world.
I know there is someone "up there" looking out for us". I know it from the bottom of my heart. So, for all you atheists out there, which I was one of them, just think about the events in your life and the RESULTS of these events.
These events are very sad and, sometimes, very unfair but you just have to look at where it led you.

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares
angel_smile.gif

Hebrews 13:2

Back