Feel we have "graduated" this moring

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birdwatcher

Reaction score
We got the largest tip from one guest today $100--WOHOO!!! it made our day.
They where such wonderful people. The couple came here to celebrate their 50th anniversary, the church is walking distance from the B & B. The first evening here they had their lifetime friend come for a visit bringing their liquor with them (we did not drink with) and invited us to hear about their life growing up here, their children etc. we sat in the screened in porch and just laughed and listened of an era that seemed so safe and warm. Their friend was hillarious-i mean i think our faces hurt from laughing so much and then he invited us to dinner on him-that was the first time we were asked to dinner. We usually don't do this with many guests, but some guests you just feel like you've known them for a long time-these we call "friends" we havent met yet but somehow fate broght us together-it was great!
Also only had the couple and their children at the Inn and it was so nice. We didn't do anything special other than maybe put some ice in icebuckets, cups on the parlor table for them on the day of their celebration so that they can come and have a couple drinks. Sunday they had some friends over in the afternoon. It was such a pleasure serving them-they were funny, down to earth and we had a wonderful weekend as they did. We didn't even have to do breakfast for them this morning as they were leaving at arounc 5:00AM, we did set the coffee up and bagged up 4 cinnamon rolls and found the check leaning against the coffee machine.
The next three days we will be busy with the boss-YAY!

Woo Hoo! Take this to heart and realize that your efforts ARE appreciated and valued...and the owner can go you-know-what in her hat.

cheers.gif

How wonderful. I am so happy you had such wonderful guests but especially JUST prior to this visit from the owner. No matter what you know you do a great job, those guests told you so (and no mention of the tip they left, she would probably say that belonged to the inn!).

no way that is OUR secret joy!!! and we are the ones that worked for it!!! ha ha ha

Those are the innkeeping moments that I miss the most...not necessarily a tip, but connecting and enjoying some interesting folks' company. Hope you have many more!

Back