Feeling Bad About Our Absence

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisandShelley

Reaction score
Greetings, all. Shelley and I thought that during this lull between our second and third season we would have some time off. Well, we did....sorta. Shelley had knee replacement surgery, and that went well. She is still recovering, but PT is helping quite a bit. Our new event center is up and running. We've already had some successful events there and we're looking forward to more. We're renovating a space upstairs to turn a very large laundry room into another rentable room. With marketing for the upcoming season, updating the website, plus all of the local community stuff, we haven't had much of a breather.
I was just sitting there thinking that I haven't been on the Innspiring blog in a while. I hope everyone is doing well and getting rest (if this is your offseason).
Chris

Hello and welcome back! glad to hear you are doing well and hope new letting room to come is a sign of being busy enough to need it as we know your original plan was to keep working outside but due to factors the plan changed. Glad to hear the events are doing well keep up the good work!
PS link to event center didn't work.

Hello and welcome back! glad to hear you are doing well and hope new letting room to come is a sign of being busy enough to need it as we know your original plan was to keep working outside but due to factors the plan changed. Glad to hear the events are doing well keep up the good work!
PS link to event center didn't work..
Jcam said:
Try http://mvmeetingplace.com/

Welcome back. Very nice event center - may it prosper beyond your hopes and expectations.

Chris, your post is timely, as my sister is planning to close her 5000+ sq. ft. store in the heart of our town, and turn it into an events center. We don't have one here, and there is a need. It's fun planning it, and I see lots of ideas on your site we hadn't thought about, like equipment to video events for people, online streaming, etc.
In one of your pics, I see one of those split AC systems to cool it. They are really "in" now, aren't they. I first saw them in Europe over 20 years ago, but didn't see one in our town until a couple of months ago. Now they are popping up everywhere. I always thought they looked rinky dink compared to our usual big whole-house units, but they certainly have a place in many projects.
Looks like your events center is already doing well. Continued best wishes for that part of your business.

Hi,
The website looks great but I didn't see any place where it mentions the location of your facility.
John

Welcome back! Glad to hear from you. Blessed healing for you Shelley! I'm glad things are going well and hope they continue to go well.

PS link to event center didn't work..
Jcam said:
Try http://mvmeetingplace.com/
Looks slick and good facilities and flexible with it - good call!

Glad all is going well..
Could i please suggest your left align your text. It is very hard to read as it is centered and my eyes don't focus on it well. I would also suggest a larger font size and NO underlines on text...people think they are links that don't work. Sorry I couldn't help myself.

Hi Chris and Shelley, just curious what the capacity of your event space is? What are the dimensions of the space? Do you have dedicated storage space for the tables and chairs if they are not needed? Does the space have dedicated bathroom access? Is there lobby space? Coat closet?

Hi Chris and Shelley, just curious what the capacity of your event space is? What are the dimensions of the space? Do you have dedicated storage space for the tables and chairs if they are not needed? Does the space have dedicated bathroom access? Is there lobby space? Coat closet?.
OnTheShore said:
Hi Chris and Shelley, just curious what the capacity of your event space is? What are the dimensions of the space? Do you have dedicated storage space for the tables and chairs if they are not needed? Does the space have dedicated bathroom access? Is there lobby space? Coat closet?
Good questions. Keep 'em coming (for me in planning my sister's event center). I need to know what info people are wanting on an event center website. I wonder if there is an Innspiring-type place to learn about/get help with event centers! I couldn't find a "For Dummies" book on the subject, so I'm just lost!

Our local Methodist pastor is retiring in June, and staying here. He plans to keep his license, and was excited to hear about the event center, where he'd love to officiate at elopements and small weddings. So I can finally, perhaps, work up some package deals with lodging at my guest house.

Back