Feeling like a Ping Pong ball -

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score
The game began with an 8AM call while I was making breakfast. The typical do you have a room for tonight & me stating what was available. He said well the X room will be fine, so I start to ask for his info and he side tracks me by asking how far we are from Big City and directions. Fine. So back to the reservation - oh, well I guess we need to tell our 'host' that we have a change of plans and will be checking out first. I'll call you back.
A couple of hours go by, and I have thought that they must have moved elsewhere or decided to stay where they were. He calls back, and preceeds to tell my why they were leaving their current place - something I really did not need to hear, then - We were wondering if you thought the room would still be available later this afternoon? (What?!!!) Me: Sir, I really could not tell you. If you are unsure of your plans, my suggestion would be to wait until you were sure. Him: Well how about you holding it for me but if someone else calls wanting the room.... I just had to stop him there. Sir, I just can not do this, I suggest you think on this awhile and call me if you want to make a firm reservation.
Fifteen to Twenty minutes later - Hi, we spoke earlier, I guess we want to reserve. Great they made a decision!!!
Another fifteen minutes and the wife calls! I am thinking oh boy, you have got to be kidding but she asks about things to do in the area - it is bad weather so gave them 'inside things' with lots of choices. She seems happy with the ideas.
Within an hour he calls again! How far is "another tourist spot" from your place? Oh, that far, well we have not been there and really want to see it before heading home. Since we just booked with you a little while ago, would you mind if we canceled? By this point I am overjoyed at those words. And before he hung up he said that they will be calling us in Dec. to book for this time next year.
Me thinking - Well not if I remember you first!!!!

Ugh. No fun.
=)
Kk..
Sounds all to familiar. My favorite ? We are coming to stay with you in July.( Keep in mind that is 4 months away) Can you tell me what the weather will be like ? Or the fall foliage season. What will the colors be by October 4th. Let me check my crystal ball.

Ugh. No fun.
=)
Kk..
Sounds all to familiar. My favorite ? We are coming to stay with you in July.( Keep in mind that is 4 months away) Can you tell me what the weather will be like ? Or the fall foliage season. What will the colors be by October 4th. Let me check my crystal ball.
Will there be any construction between you and an airport in another state? (Also 4 months from now.)

My bullets are checking out today. Soon. Very soon. Horrible woman, absolutely horrible.

My bullets are checking out today. Soon. Very soon. Horrible woman, absolutely horrible..
I'm having one of those this morning, too. Will be glad when they leave. Not really feeling up for a challenge.

My bullets are checking out today. Soon. Very soon. Horrible woman, absolutely horrible..
Joey Bloggs said:
My bullets are checking out today. Soon. Very soon. Horrible woman, absolutely horrible.
OK I'll bite....How horrible is she?
She looks like:
101dalmatians1lg.jpg
She already told us how to run this business, what needs changing, she walked in miserable and has never lightened up. Her husband is having a great time, he is laughing with the other guests and telling stories. This gal is something else.
I told DH last night to just remember the last guests in that room, they went to the corner bakery and brought us back a gift, a nice thank you card, and loved everything, loved every minute, took pix of DH mowing the lawn, and just had a grand time. Then we have this horrible woman, who you just cannot please. Dh was, and I kid you not, on a ladder last night in their room diverting the a/c away from where she sleeps on the bed. She did not want any air blowing in her direction. He had been out of town for a couple days and I said with a big sheepish grin "WELCOME BAAAAAAAAAACK!"
They stay they pay they go away...
PS BTW you can't divert these vents. so he put a pair of rolled up socks in it so as to divert the air to one side. He said if he put cardboard up there it would whistle.

Joey Bloggs said:
She looks like:
101dalmatians1lg.jpg
She already told us how to run this business, what needs changing, she walked in miserable and has never lightened up. Her husband is having a great time, he is laughing with the other guests and telling stories. This gal is something else.
I told DH last night to just remember the last guests in that room, they went to the corner bakery and brought us back a gift, a nice thank you card, and loved everything, loved every minute, took pix of DH mowing the lawn, and just had a grand time. Then we have this horrible woman, who you just cannot please. Dh was, and I kid you not, on a ladder last night in their room diverting the a/c away from where she sleeps on the bed. She did not want any air blowing in her direction. He had been out of town for a couple days and I said with a big sheepish grin "WELCOME BAAAAAAAAAACK!"
PS BTW you can't divert these vents. so he put a pair of rolled up socks in it so as to divert the air to one side. He said if he put cardboard up there it would whistle.
Too bad you didn't use the socks he had on when he did the yard work!
devil_smile.gif

Ugh. No fun.
=)
Kk..
Will there be any construction between you and an airport in another state? (Also 4 months from now.)
That's still my favorite PITA question.

Joey Bloggs said:
She looks like:
101dalmatians1lg.jpg
devil_smile.gif

copperhead said:
devil_smile.gif
embaressed_smile.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
She looks like:
101dalmatians1lg.jpg
devil_smile.gif

copperhead said:
devil_smile.gif
thumbs_up.gif
teeth_smile.gif

Back