Figuring out an availability calendar's 'notes'

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Looking at a resnexus calendar and wondering what these 'notes' might mean:
  • Occupied (ok, I understand that one)
  • Call Us (what's the purpose in this?)
  • Book (ok, I understand this one, too)
I don't get why I can book SOME rooms for the dates I want, but not ALL the rooms that are open. If I can call to talk about a room, doesn't that mean it's open? If I look at other dates all the rooms have the 'book it' tag.
So, if you use the 'call us' notation, why do you do that for only some of the rooms?

One guess is the room is open for ONE of the nights I want, but not both.

I know that "Call Us" comes up on Webervations for last minute reservations. That way we don't get surprised if we don't check our reservations calendar right away. The room may be open, but they have to call to book it. Works for me.

It may be a special room ...perhaps allows dogs, but they want to screen you first ... or kids. Calling is the only way they could establish a weight or breed cutoof of ro dogs or an age cutoff for kids. ??

Can be used for screening or controlling the numbers - I have worked at a 10 room Inn and if I have to do the job alone there is no way I can do 10 rooms myself so the owner puts 1/2 of them on "call us" and lets me decide how many more reservations (over 5) to accept while I am there. If it is a business man that wants several days and only coffee in the morning I tell him to come on over!

we use it sometimews for our Zip and Link rooms as they can be a double or a twin so I put them on as call me one double 1 twin that way I can take the booking but can't get overbooked cos you can guarantee if you have all doubles on everyone wants Twins and so forth!

guilty! webervations put it in for 'tonite' or 'tonite and tomorrow nite' if i wanted it to.
but sometimes i didn't know if i'd have help on a paritcular weekend or date and so i'd say 'call'... gave me some flexibility when i needed it.

I use ResNexus,
and for me, "Call us" might mean:
- you're looking at booking today, and I don't want any surprises so I don't take online bookings for same day;
- I have plumber coming that day and he can't come til 3 so I don't want to take a booking that has to arrive before 6...
- We are having something special happening in the inn and I want (for whatever reason) to talk to people first before confirming the booking.
It doesn't happen often, but I'd rather talk to the person about whatever the situation is than have a blind online booking that doesn't know the situation.

I use ResNexus,
and for me, "Call us" might mean:
- you're looking at booking today, and I don't want any surprises so I don't take online bookings for same day;
- I have plumber coming that day and he can't come til 3 so I don't want to take a booking that has to arrive before 6...
- We are having something special happening in the inn and I want (for whatever reason) to talk to people first before confirming the booking.
It doesn't happen often, but I'd rather talk to the person about whatever the situation is than have a blind online booking that doesn't know the situation..
The situation was more that I was trying to book a couple of days in advance and SOME of the rooms were 'call us' and SOME were 'book it'. A month later and they were all 'book it'. I like the idea of 'not alot of help on staff so book the expensive rooms if you're coming'. Or, the rooms just weren't open for both nights.

Call us could be a two room suite or something that requires an explanation? Or maybe the bathroom is on another level. UGH

Call us could be a two room suite or something that requires an explanation? Or maybe the bathroom is on another level. UGH.
Just for the heck of it, I occasionally look at websites of for sale inns. I was interested by one whose availability calendar blocked out the day before any room that was checking in. That is, you could book a room for several days, but could not book for just one night if somone else would be in the same room the following night.
I wonder how old the PO's are, like it takes them more than a day to flip the rooms? I have such a feeling of accomplishment when I get my rooms flipped in a timely fashion
teeth_smile.gif

Back