Film-Shoot Homes Generate Buzz and Buyers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Film-Shoot Homes Generate Buzz and Buyers[/FONT]
New York Times
... Hugh Laurie and Catherine Keener, Ms. Regan's white clapboard two-story house was transformed into a bed-and-breakfast, with a neon sign in the window. ...

(JB note there is a link if you are in the NE and want to be listed in this database as a movie location, it is a great selling point! There is a movie being filmed near up and they want $5000 for a product placement, ie our sign or name on something for a brief moment! We are in our state film office database, but nothing has happened, it is chock full of places to film!)

Just googled and saw this (terrific, we are a horror film, what is it about killer gnomes or doilies or something!)
Sara Paxton (Last House On The Left) and Pat Healy are currently filming the horror film The Innkeepers at the in Yankee Pedlar Innhttp://www.pedlarinn.com/,Torrington, CT.

Got that info from onlocationvacations.com so there ya go, if they DO film a movie nearby, list it and you can have vacationers there to see the stars! WHO KNEW! A new leg of marketing, aye.
I see our Tofino innkeeper has a movie being filmed there (in Tofino) currently. Tons of movies are filmed in BC/Seattle.
http://www.onlocationvacations.com/

Our Tourism Division has a Film Office and you can register your house, your town, or various things available with them (like the camel at the stable I use). I get phone calls and e-mails asking for specific things and to take photos of something she needs. They also send out e-mails regarding casting calls to everyone who has registered their e-mail with them.

An inn-mate had a film company film a movie at their inn. You guessed it.............horror genre! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
It is a beautiful place.

Back