Finally Cut The Cord With TA

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to Celebrate! Never had a paid account... People find us.

I hate TA. You know what struck me as interesting today? When you look at your destination's main 'city' page, how come "Vacation Rentals" get their own icon along with "Hotels", but "B&Bs" don't get their own clickable icon? No, we are a sub-set of the 'Hotels' icon! That's disgusting!

Well with my cancellation date only weeks away, my rep has "talked to her boss and negotiated a lower, cheaper rate" that's only $8 a month more than my current monthly rate. Wow, the old "talked to my manager" used car lot bit? Really?
Still think in going to bail. Gonna try to put that money toward my bottom line and see if business declines at all.
Never liked

Well with my cancellation date only weeks away, my rep has "talked to her boss and negotiated a lower, cheaper rate" that's only $8 a month more than my current monthly rate. Wow, the old "talked to my manager" used car lot bit? Really?
Still think in going to bail. Gonna try to put that money toward my bottom line and see if business declines at all.
Never liked.
A special just for you and it's STILL more than last year. Yeah. No.

Never liked.
Be prepared for more and more phone calls. As I said, we finally put them on call block.
They have absolutely NO respect for you or your time. Next time they call, tell them that your time is $60 an hour and if they want to explain how their deal is so great, they better fork over a CC number to pay for your time, because you aren't listening for free.

I hate TA. You know what struck me as interesting today? When you look at your destination's main 'city' page, how come "Vacation Rentals" get their own icon along with "Hotels", but "B&Bs" don't get their own clickable icon? No, we are a sub-set of the 'Hotels' icon! That's disgusting!.
Because TA owns Flipkey. They care nothing about us. I've stopped asking guests to review on TA. I haven't had one since last August. No problems what-so-ever.
The last time a TA rep called me I told him that I would never pay for a listing for a stupid small link until the restaurants have to pay. Restaurants get all their information listed for FREE! This rep was so clueless he didn't see why that should matter.

As a traveler, I'd be lost without TA. I never book lodging without checking them out on TA, and I rarely select a restaurant without a TA search. I love their interactive maps so I can pull up the neighborhood I'm in and see all the restaurants around me and their ratings. Even when I get a recommendation from my B&B host, I double check on TA.
I'm not paying them a penny, but I'm saying that those reviews are important. Very important.

Never liked.
Be prepared for more and more phone calls. As I said, we finally put them on call block.
They have absolutely NO respect for you or your time. Next time they call, tell them that your time is $60 an hour and if they want to explain how their deal is so great, they better fork over a CC number to pay for your time, because you aren't listening for free.
Just like Yelp, OMG they call and call and cant take No for an answer. I just started hanging up on them but they still call :)

As a traveler, I'd be lost without TA. I never book lodging without checking them out on TA, and I rarely select a restaurant without a TA search. I love their interactive maps so I can pull up the neighborhood I'm in and see all the restaurants around me and their ratings. Even when I get a recommendation from my B&B host, I double check on TA.
I'm not paying them a penny, but I'm saying that those reviews are important. Very important..
I agree. In fact we use TA reviews as one of our main sources for advertising on the internet. We don't pay them a penny but you better believe we take every review very seriously!

Never liked.
Just like Yelp, OMG they call and call and cant take No for an answer. I just started hanging up on them but they still call :)
Call block on cell phone is miraculous. Hiya! identifies them every time.

Never liked.
Hey Generic or anyone else using iCal on ResKey can someone shoot me a screenshot of how you have it set up ? I have never used it and if it works this could solve a double booking problem current clients have
thanks

Never liked.
Hey Generic or anyone else using iCal on ResKey can someone shoot me a screenshot of how you have it set up ? I have never used it and if it works this could solve a double booking problem current clients have
thanks
EmptyNest said:
thanks
Here's a thread where Harborfield described how to do the ical link with air. It's a pretty old thread so air may have located the link somewhere else on the site, but you'll get the jist of of.

Never liked.
thanks
I use mine via MyAllocator. But the info is at https://v2.reservationkey.com/properties/?v=roomtypes&s=21

Never liked.
thanks
EmptyNest said:
thanks
Here's a thread where Harborfield described how to do the ical link with air. It's a pretty old thread so air may have located the link somewhere else on the site, but you'll get the jist of of.
Here's a direct link to the relevant post in that thread:
https://www.innspiring.com/node/16381?page=1#comment-177906
The iCal links are still in the same place in ResKey: Properties tab -> Rooms/Units page (upper right).
It's still working for me.

Final offer was for me to continue at my past rate. Decided to pass for a year. Will let you know how it goes.

Back