Finding Cabins??

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowSocks

Reaction score
JBJ mentioned a cabin she stayed in, and SpringLady is looking at buying some...
We hope to take a week vacation at the beginning of November and I'm already planning ahead. My personal dream vacation would be a cheap cabin somewhere south of me (i.e., hopefully warmer than here) where I can bring my own food and take my boys fishing.
How do I begin to find such a place?
(I suppose alternately we could visit Maine...)
=)
Kk.

If you want to visit WV, there are many many cabins here. Luxurious to roughing it. We have a guest house that we rent out and it has a fully equipped kitchen and laundry area, plus all you have to do to go fishing is drive down 82 to the New River.

Hmmmmm great tip for Google to develop an understanding of the notion of "here". Imagine if you could search for [cabins south of here] and it would restrict its search to places only to your south. It could then go further to [cabins within 80 miles of here]
That is totally something they could implement....and if they do, I want half :)

If you want to visit WV, there are many many cabins here. Luxurious to roughing it. We have a guest house that we rent out and it has a fully equipped kitchen and laundry area, plus all you have to do to go fishing is drive down 82 to the New River..
If you want to visit WV, there are many many cabins here. Luxurious to roughing it. We have a guest house that we rent out and it has a fully equipped kitchen and laundry area, plus all you have to do to go fishing is drive down 82 to the New River.
It looks lovely... but I was thinking more along the lines of roughing it.
=)
Kk.

Hmmmmm great tip for Google to develop an understanding of the notion of "here". Imagine if you could search for [cabins south of here] and it would restrict its search to places only to your south. It could then go further to [cabins within 80 miles of here]
That is totally something they could implement....and if they do, I want half :).
swirt said:
That is totally something they could implement....and if they do, I want half :)
Well, and even cabins, for that matter. The last time I tried searching, it was tough to find. Some are listed, many are not. How do people with rental cabins get the word out? (OK... I know that you have cabins and a great website, but I'm talking more about some little cabin owned by someone whose willing to rent it out once in a while. How do I find that?)
=)
Kk.

I am sure that there are many out there depending on where you want to go. There are many around VA too and not too expensive either. Good luck.

STATE PARKS. They are not for profit so they cannot charge ridiculous rates and some have rooms with bunk beds for kids. Fireplaces porches with rockers water views full kitchens a/c fully equiped
click here
this is where we stayed, that middle pic was our cabin. It was soooo nice.

Come to LURAY VA!! We are now designated the CABIN CAPITAL OF VIRGINIA!!! I know lots around here. Email me and I will send you some links to the ones I suggest. However, none are "CHEAP" Or if you want a place the kids will be entertained as well...look here

If you are looking for camping cabins you can also find them at many KOA's too

Well, Maine in November won't be warmer than OH! The cabin places around here (short of the winter camping places) close around the end of October. However, there are winter cabins available in the mountains that are VERY rustic. No heat or hot water rustic.
There's this place. We've met the owners and they're very nice. Sunday River Inn and Cottages. That would be for November travel. There's also Maine Idyll, very nice people as well.

Absolutely, try booking cabins at State parks. Very inexpensive and usually pretty nice but will have that "roughing it" feel that you want
wink_smile.gif
My dh & his family camped for years at Cayuga Lake in the Finger Lakes of NY (which will probably be chilly willy in Nov). We tent camped there & had a great time. Hiked Watkins Glen and explored the area. Our son was a little bit older than your guys when we took that trip.

Well, Maine in November won't be warmer than OH! The cabin places around here (short of the winter camping places) close around the end of October. However, there are winter cabins available in the mountains that are VERY rustic. No heat or hot water rustic.
There's this place. We've met the owners and they're very nice. Sunday River Inn and Cottages. That would be for November travel. There's also Maine Idyll, very nice people as well..
Bree said:
Well, if we come to Maine it wouldn't be to stay in a cabin, it would be to visit the innmates...
THANK YOU everyone for all the great ideas!
=)
Kk.

I have no idea about rates, but there is a MABB member near the North Bend Ril-Trail (and North Bend State Park) that is a 2-story log house guest house. It is called Loghouse Homestead. It took them 10 years to build it - logs from their own property built in the style of the 1820s. Just looked it up and the rates are $95 to $130. It is south of you (not far off US Rt 50 east of Parkersburg in Cairo).
Sorry to be so late with this info.

I have no idea about rates, but there is a MABB member near the North Bend Ril-Trail (and North Bend State Park) that is a 2-story log house guest house. It is called Loghouse Homestead. It took them 10 years to build it - logs from their own property built in the style of the 1820s. Just looked it up and the rates are $95 to $130. It is south of you (not far off US Rt 50 east of Parkersburg in Cairo).
Sorry to be so late with this info..
Thanks!

Sorry to be so late with this info..
Thanks!
If you go there, tell her I sent you.

Back