Finding Help

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
I'm so frustrated...this is morning #2 that my new help is not here. Oh yeah, this was supposed to be her second day of work. It is impossible in my area to find someone to hire. Go figure, my state has the 3rd highest unemployment rate in the nation and I can't find someone who can pass a background check and drug test who will also show up. Months ago I went to the temp agency in local town to find me some help for the summer...nope, nobody qualified! By the way, I pay well, especially for this area which is used to minimum wage; $10 hr for training, $14 an hour after training when I can actually leave them alone with the inn for a day.
Thank goodness we decided in the beginning to buy a B&B where it wasn't necessary to hire staff, we could do it ourselves. Living in a small area has it's rewards, but it also has it's drawbacks.

That stinks...had you already put time into training this person and they still didn't show?

That stinks...had you already put time into training this person and they still didn't show?.
Ha, these were supposed to be the training days. At least I didn't waste any money on her!
Yes, it still stinks but at least you didn't waste your energy on top of your time and money.
thumbs_down.gif

i hear you!
dealt with the same problem when i ran the b&b up in maine.
wish i was near a place that would hire me for those wages. i WOULD show up!

i hear you!
dealt with the same problem when i ran the b&b up in maine.
wish i was near a place that would hire me for those wages. i WOULD show up!.
I wish I was big enough to be able to hire you!

kathleen, you're very sweet - i don't know if i could keep up with you!

Where are you located? I'm currently unemployed and I live in the San Diego area. Just wondering if perhaps this is something we could help each other out with. :)

Where are you located? I'm currently unemployed and I live in the San Diego area. Just wondering if perhaps this is something we could help each other out with. :).
I wish! Thanks for the offer, but I'm up in the Pacific Northwest.
cry_smile.gif

Oh breakfast Diva, if I lived close I would definantely take the job and I WOULD SHOW UP!
regular_smile.gif

Oh breakfast Diva, if I lived close I would definantely take the job and I WOULD SHOW UP!
regular_smile.gif
Boy, I could have used you today! Had to turn the whole house over and fend off those who wanted to check in early.
Thanks for your support!

regular_smile.gif
Boy, I could have used you today! Had to turn the whole house over and fend off those who wanted to check in early.
Thanks for your support!
Awww that's a shame you're so far away. :( I would've loved to help too! Good luck with finding a new helper!

Back