Finger food breakfast?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Will be having a breakfast group in here in a few weeks. Not a sit down, guest-style breakfast. What small 'finger foods' would be good for a 'stand up' breakfast?
I'm thinking mini quiches like I'd make for hors d'oeuvres. Mini muffins (a variety). What else? I don't want to be in the kitchen the whole time, so some 'cold' foods are good too. How about a mini yogurt, granola & fruit parfait? Breakfast 'shooters?'
20 or so attendees. Across 2 hours.

Pepperoni rolls. You could probably use a Dough Boy roll, put a couple sticks (or slices) of pepperoni (and in some also a small piece of cheese), roll it up and bake. Nice finger food.
Edited to add - how about the ham tarts?

Pepperoni rolls. You could probably use a Dough Boy roll, put a couple sticks (or slices) of pepperoni (and in some also a small piece of cheese), roll it up and bake. Nice finger food.
Edited to add - how about the ham tarts?.
Reminds me of a ham and egg braid I cut out of a magazine. The ham & egg tarts are too big, they require silverware. It's gotta be real finger food. Fill up a plate, walk away.

Morticia, the possibilities are endless.
Mini-quiches are always great.
So are deviled eggs, just be creative about what you stuff them with. Out here, I'd add some smoked salmon but where you are, you might add some chopped lobster meat. Do a mix of stuffings, some traditional, some with bacon bits, some with lobster. Top each with a different herb.
You can make some mini cheese toasts with slices of french bread. Just make a spread of mayo and a good swiss cheese that's grated. Broil til bubbly. Add a half cherry tomato to some for color and variety on the platter.
Mini-baked potatoes are always popular. Just bake some new potatoes and serve in a basket with bowls of butter and sour cream and chives nearby for dipping. Super easy and always the most popular item on a brunch spread. They can be made early and stored in a small cooler to stay warm.
You can fill some fairly large wine glasses with yogurt and top with fruit and/or granola. Guest can eat while talking with other guests easily. And they look really elegant all set up on a tray or just on the buffet.
I used to do tons of those kinds of breakfast parties so if you need even more ideas, just let me know. I must have dozens of recipes I could send on.

for our 25th anniversary party, i did bacon-deviled eggs, mini blueberry-pecan french toast in muffin liners, mini muffins and sausage balls (paula deen's recipe with extra sausage).
smoothie shooters garnished with fruit would be great. Maybe veggie skewers that read like hash browns - potato/onion/pepper skewers.

for our 25th anniversary party, i did bacon-deviled eggs, mini blueberry-pecan french toast in muffin liners, mini muffins and sausage balls (paula deen's recipe with extra sausage).
smoothie shooters garnished with fruit would be great. Maybe veggie skewers that read like hash browns - potato/onion/pepper skewers..
muirford said:
Maybe veggie skewers that read like hash browns - potato/onion/pepper skewers.
Potato/onion/pepper skewers are especially tasty with a slice of prosciutto woven between the layers.
I've also used breakfast sausage balls with the mini baked potatoes to make a really great skewer combo.
Breakfast skewers are always a hit, especially if you surprise guests with the texture and flavors. And they're always really fun to put together, which is just like an added bonus.

Thanks all, great ideas! I mentioned them to Gomez and he's of the 'hand them a muffin and show them where the coffee is' plan of attack. He doesn't think anyone will stay around long enough to enjoy any kind of other food. So now I have to ask around and see if this IS a 'hit and run' event.

Thanks all, great ideas! I mentioned them to Gomez and he's of the 'hand them a muffin and show them where the coffee is' plan of attack. He doesn't think anyone will stay around long enough to enjoy any kind of other food. So now I have to ask around and see if this IS a 'hit and run' event..
What is the group? Is it someone you really want to impress...or just a bunch of folks? I wouldn't go overboard..An assortment of muffins or quickbreads with some nice spreads and maybe sausage balls which would be pretty easy to do ahead, juice and coffee. Or you could go all out as some others have suggested. Just depends on who it is I guess:)

Thanks all, great ideas! I mentioned them to Gomez and he's of the 'hand them a muffin and show them where the coffee is' plan of attack. He doesn't think anyone will stay around long enough to enjoy any kind of other food. So now I have to ask around and see if this IS a 'hit and run' event..
What is the group? Is it someone you really want to impress...or just a bunch of folks? I wouldn't go overboard..An assortment of muffins or quickbreads with some nice spreads and maybe sausage balls which would be pretty easy to do ahead, juice and coffee. Or you could go all out as some others have suggested. Just depends on who it is I guess:)
I'm trying to make an impression. Edited to add 'good' impression!

Melon balls (or chunks), small sausages (like lil' smokies), bacon wrapped anything! Just about anything that can be stabbed with a toothpick!

Bacon wrapped water chestnuts that have been baked in a honey bbq sauce. Take a half slice of bacon, wrap it around the chestnut, poke thru with toothpick, put in a glass baking dish and cover with bbq sauce. Bake until bubbly

Melon slices wrapped in prosciutto. Mini bagels with cream cheese, lox & capers
wow, all this stuff sounds great. Let's have a party!

That sounds like a fun gig. I love the idea of breakfast shooters. Some other ideas that popped into my head:
Miniature empanadas with sausage filling
Silver dollar pancakes
Phyllo purses filled with herbed scrambled eggs
Quail eggs benedict crostini
Bite-sized latkes with a dollop of sour cream
Liliputian huevos ranchero in a toasted or deep fried wonton wrapper shell

Oh the possibilities! What a great idea. Internet is my best friend for this lots of ideas in there, but hey its a great thought for future things. Good luck!
You will be using plates right? Smoothies are always a hit and putting them in wine glasses is something I didi all the time-they look great in martini glasses, and you can get small ones at (don't shoot me) the dollar stores sometimes, they carry all kinds of different wine and martini glasses-that would be a great impression!
Strawberry/Banana Smoothies are the easiest to make and all my guest loved them, although hoping strawberries arent to expensive you can use the frozen kind.

Melon slices wrapped in prosciutto. Mini bagels with cream cheese, lox & capers
wow, all this stuff sounds great. Let's have a party!.
I'm so there!
I guess pix will be in order once the menu is planned, and 5 minutes before the first arrival!
Do we still get pictures?
tedwin said:
Do we still get pictures?
Tomorrow is the day. Thus the mad dash to cook it all today.

Back