Finished Backpacks!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
I finished the backpacks for my granddaughters. Both are actually the same number of stitches and approx the same height. Varigated one was knitted with 2 strands of yard so came out bigger. The stripes one was with one so looks smaller. Although I hope they like them, I live far enough away that I will never know if they don't.
Front view - stuffed with bottles so they will stand up:
BackpackFrontsJPG.JPG

From the back (shoulder straps are adjustable):
BackpackBacks.JPG

So what is the actual size? Are they the school colors or color yarn they asked for? Are these for school books or what? Won't they stretch out of shape if filled with heavy books? Or are they lined?? Just curious.

So what is the actual size? Are they the school colors or color yarn they asked for? Are these for school books or what? Won't they stretch out of shape if filled with heavy books? Or are they lined?? Just curious..
I was considering lining because of the pens/pencil factor but my fearless leader said I should just get a pen pouch from the local dollar store - and I decided she was right! The double yarn one is 12 inches x 91/2 x 3 and the other one is single strand and is 12 x 8 x 3. The entire school system in their town has the same collors - from K thru 12 - black & gold. I also made leg warmers for the older girl. She is a Sophmore and her sister is in K. I MIGHT try to do leg warmers for the little one - they do not need to be as long. the girls do not know I made them. They are for "Christmas" which will be next week this year even though I will only see their parents & not them (in school in Iowa). We will see all the other 7 grands.

they are the total height of cute! where do you find the time!.
I knit at Chapel, as DH drives down the road (keeps me from being aware of the moment he will kill me in the car - "did you see those turkeys?"), and at boring meetings. Starting in September, I will be knitting in my knitting classes again.

I knit at Chapel, as DH drives down the road (keeps me from being aware of the moment he will kill me in the car - "did you see those turkeys?"), and at boring meetings. Starting in September, I will be knitting in my knitting classes again.
gillumhouse said:
DH drives down the road (keeps me from being aware of the moment he will kill me in the car - "did you see those turkeys?"),
OMG I have the same problem!
whattha.gif

gillumhouse said:
DH drives down the road (keeps me from being aware of the moment he will kill me in the car - "did you see those turkeys?"),
whattha.gif

Ice said:
gillumhouse said:
whattha.gif
Knitting or sleeping helps. At least you will not see it coming!

gillumhouse said:
whattha.gif

Ice said:
gillumhouse said:
whattha.gif
ME TOO!!! It's so funny, because I hate the way he drives and he hates the way I drive. Makes for great road trips!

gillumhouse said:
whattha.gif

Ice said:
gillumhouse said:
whattha.gif
ME TOO!!! It's so funny, because I hate the way he drives and he hates the way I drive. Makes for great road trips!
And at 72, his reaction time is NOT getting better. (His opinions of other drivers however.....)

They are really nice!!! The only thing I would worry about is that they might be falling apart very quickly in case of heavy usage, like if they are going to bring them to school every day... so maybe just for special occasions! :)

They are really nice!!! The only thing I would worry about is that they might be falling apart very quickly in case of heavy usage, like if they are going to bring them to school every day... so maybe just for special occasions! :).
I hope they use them every day. They are knit tightly and meant to be used for every day. If they wear out, it means they really liked them. I can always get more yarn. Once my other 2 granddaughters go to a school that has colors, I will knit them backpacks - if I live long enough that is. Their school system is not like the other one - the school system in Iowa has the same colors K thru 12.

those are so cute!? my mom did afgans for all the grankids, now the great grankids want them-what an ingenious idea! and legwarmers are the best

Back