Fireflies and flowers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Fireflies or Lightning Bugs (whichever you prefer) have been out for about a week now. Our lillies out front are blooming and the row at the back are opening one at a time. I love this time of year! Pleas share your garden/flower shots with the forum.
regular_smile.gif

LilliesJun609.jpg

lovely daylilies. do you use them on the breakfast dishes? that's something i'm trying here this year when my daylilies bloom. in the graden there are stella doro lilies that are smaller than the traditional daylilies so they might fit better on the plate. photos if it ever happens.

I got so busy keeping a certain man out of his kids' way that I did not get a photo of my huge rhodo. It is gone for another year.
Next week I hope to be able to get a couple kids in here pulling poisin ivy and other crap stuff out of my yard. I am going to have the kid who worked cleaning out the plaster to come help clean out the shed. Have to get the crap out of there. I plan to save up a bit and get a shed kit. Sheryl said she will come back and put it up. If I have a new shed, the garbage is not going in it.

Stunning.
Our daylilies are far from blooming thanks to the northern climate.

How in the world do I upload a photo? Every time I try I get an error message saying that the picture is too big. All of my photos are more than 2 MB. Am I doing something wrong? I have a beautiful picture of my columbine that I would love to share. Thanks.

How in the world do I upload a photo? Every time I try I get an error message saying that the picture is too big. All of my photos are more than 2 MB. Am I doing something wrong? I have a beautiful picture of my columbine that I would love to share. Thanks..
Country Girl said:
How in the world do I upload a photo? Every time I try I get an error message saying that the picture is too big. All of my photos are more than 2 MB. Am I doing something wrong? I have a beautiful picture of my columbine that I would love to share. Thanks.
I can't even upload 1 meg files, so I'd try to reduce the size of the pic first and try again...

I was going to share a picture of a lovely Pitasporum we had stationed in front of our cottages, but THE DEER ATE IT. I was going to post a picture of the simply gorgeous Azaleas we planted last year, but.....THE %@#$#@ DEER ATE THEM.
angry_smile.gif

I will soon be posting the picture of the deer head on my wall as soon as it gets back from the taxidermist.
devil_smile.gif

My lilies are just now coming out. It's funny the other day I ran across a map of one of my front lily flowerbeds..showing where I planted dozens of different varieties...guess what...nothing ever came up except the old regular orange ditch liliies:-( I am not sure why this happened, but it is way too late to complain to the grower. I can't believe they were all duds but those orange ones have defintely crowded them out or something???
I have lots of the stella d'oro blooming now..but you know what...I really don't like them..but hey they are flowering. The Orientals and Asiatics are coming along soon.

What camera are you using? Comparing my washed out photos to yours I think I need a new camera. Or you have to come and visit...
I'd still like the info but hubs went thru and changed the settings on my camera. Apparently it wasn't set for high resolution or vivid color. And I didn't know I could turn the color off! Cool, I love B&W photos.

I was going to share a picture of a lovely Pitasporum we had stationed in front of our cottages, but THE DEER ATE IT. I was going to post a picture of the simply gorgeous Azaleas we planted last year, but.....THE %@#$#@ DEER ATE THEM.
angry_smile.gif

I will soon be posting the picture of the deer head on my wall as soon as it gets back from the taxidermist.
devil_smile.gif
I hear you. Got room for a couple of galloping goats on that wall?

I tried with the new settings on the camera but i think the sun is just too much right now. Everything is washed out, except this one...
hosta2.JPG

I tried with the new settings on the camera but i think the sun is just too much right now. Everything is washed out, except this one...
hosta2.JPG
Yep..lighting is critical too. Nice hosta though. Mine are gigantic this year they are taking over the gardens. Here is a shot of the few lilies I have out now and one of my lavendar...hmmm smells so good.
DSCN3750.jpg

DSCN3752.jpg

hosta2.JPG
Yep..lighting is critical too. Nice hosta though. Mine are gigantic this year they are taking over the gardens. Here is a shot of the few lilies I have out now and one of my lavendar...hmmm smells so good.
DSCN3750.jpg

DSCN3752.jpg

Ooooh that lavendar looks lovely! I may get Asiatic lilies this year. Cross my fingers and toes. There is some sort of beetle here that loves them. They are bright red (the beetles) and they poop all over the leaves as they munch their way around. It kills them off every year, but they come back. (The lilies come back, then the beetles come back, too.) I checked today, tho, and no beetles.

I can smell the lavendar from hre. I think I mentioned how I picked some outside a museum in Roanoke one day when it was cold and put it in my jacket pocket, well it was great! I pulled my jacket out and it smelled lovely.
Lavendar is a natural antibacterial/antifungal as well. I will never forget the lavendar lemonade I had in Sequim WA (The lavendar capital).
Thanks for sharing your pics everyone...keep em comin'!

I can smell the lavendar from hre. I think I mentioned how I picked some outside a museum in Roanoke one day when it was cold and put it in my jacket pocket, well it was great! I pulled my jacket out and it smelled lovely.
Lavendar is a natural antibacterial/antifungal as well. I will never forget the lavendar lemonade I had in Sequim WA (The lavendar capital).
Thanks for sharing your pics everyone...keep em comin'!.
Here's a site that I really like...like you say..you can smell the lavender. I didn't realize Sequim was lavender capital.

Thanks for sharing your pics everyone...keep em comin'!.
Here's a site that I really like...like you say..you can smell the lavender. I didn't realize Sequim was lavender capital.
catlady said:
That is where I picked my own lavandar and had the lavendar lemonade!
teeth_smile.gif
That is the brand I use as well. SKWIM for those not knowing what it is or where it is.
The lighthouse on the dungeness spit is in the MIDDLE of the spit - it used to be at the end and the currents being so harsh - two high tides two low tides in the area daily (this is not Puget Sound it is just NE of it), increased the length of the Spit. The most beautiful round rocks were all over that beach.
Here is some more trivia on it.

Back