First Booking!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huge CONGRATS !!! You're on your way .... and I'm sure you're doing everything perfectly. You may look back on your first days and cringe, but I am very very sure that your guests will have nothing but THE BEST memories. Wait 'til they come back - you'll be convinced so much has changed and they'll do nothing but rave about how wonderful you were .... and still are..
All I know is that we are pooped and headed to bed. Up early tomorrow to prepare our first breakfast. We've had several dry runs with friends, so we're ready.

Huge CONGRATS !!! You're on your way .... and I'm sure you're doing everything perfectly. You may look back on your first days and cringe, but I am very very sure that your guests will have nothing but THE BEST memories. Wait 'til they come back - you'll be convinced so much has changed and they'll do nothing but rave about how wonderful you were .... and still are..
All I know is that we are pooped and headed to bed. Up early tomorrow to prepare our first breakfast. We've had several dry runs with friends, so we're ready.
ProudTexan said:
We're all waiting to hear how it went.
Swirt that was a good new innkeeper blessing, may I add, may your water pressure be strong, your beds filled with happy guests,and may your half empty toilet rolls runneth over!

May your guests always show up when they say they will, think all food you put before them is delicious, and leave lavish gifts behind!
=)
Kk.

The performance anxiety of serving breakfast lasted for about six months for me, and still gets me occasionally, especially if I am trying out a new dish or if I have several special diet issues.

ProudTexan said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
ProudTexan said:
We fretted about the coffee....they loved the coffee. We were nervous about the fruit and main dish, they cleaned their plates and ooed and ahhed (sp?) everything we presented down to the orange juice and the bisquits and condiments. They've complimented us so much we're blushing.
At last being anal having an eye for detail has paid off!
Isn't it a wonderful feeling? Good job!

Very exciting. The stress and all the fretting are all well worth it. The first guests will always be special. :) How wonderful. Congratultions on your first of years of successful breakfasts.
I still get nervous for some reason, I want every one to be happy and leave the breakfast table full.
Funny comment about the TP ... I don't think we have had very many NEW fresh rolls in our bathroom since we started. Does every else use them up in their personal bathrooms?

Very exciting. The stress and all the fretting are all well worth it. The first guests will always be special. :) How wonderful. Congratultions on your first of years of successful breakfasts.
I still get nervous for some reason, I want every one to be happy and leave the breakfast table full.
Funny comment about the TP ... I don't think we have had very many NEW fresh rolls in our bathroom since we started. Does every else use them up in their personal bathrooms?.
It is rare when an innkeeper has a NEW roll of TP in their bathroom!

Funny comment about the TP ... I don't think we have had very many NEW fresh rolls in our bathroom since we started. Does every else use them up in their personal bathrooms?.
It's sort of a sign of success
teeth_smile.gif

Cathy said:
Funny comment about the TP ... I don't think we have had very many NEW fresh rolls in our bathroom since we started. Does every else use them up in their personal bathrooms?
At this time of year I have a drawer full of half-used rolls, they're stacked in a basket on the back of the toilet AND they're stacked 3 at a time on the TP holder! They run out around mid-September.

We close for the season around the middle of November .... I usually don't get to use a fresh roll until mid January. It is cause for celebration .... what?? it gets really quiet here in the winter...even the very little stuff is cause for celebration ;)

That is funny, we get excited about EMPTY rolls of Tp. Whowouldathunk. But yes, that means $$ in the bank.
Just in case any one who is secretly writing a book of memoirs of their B&B experiences please use that somehow in the title! I will wait in line to buy it!
I just reread that sentence and this is WHY you should not stream music at your desk while typing,...or singing along, even worse. DOH!

That is funny, we get excited about EMPTY rolls of Tp. Whowouldathunk. But yes, that means $$ in the bank.
Just in case any one who is secretly writing a book of memoirs of their B&B experiences please use that somehow in the title! I will wait in line to buy it!
I just reread that sentence and this is WHY you should not stream music at your desk while typing,...or singing along, even worse. DOH!.
Our First Review:
What an absolutely lovely place! Words can't describe the hospitality, kindness and the attention to detail the Tarins supplied. From fishing off the bridge to laying in the hammocks, the peacefulness and relaxation have been rejuvenating! The well-cut trails are an adventure and offer a bit of exercise if your in the mood for that. The room was immaculate, the bed so comfortable it was hard to leave it. I think the sheets must have been Egyptian cotton. The internet photos don't do the cottages justice. Breakfasts were to die for! ... A gourmet meal each morning. We enjoyed our visit with Marilyn and Randy, they feel like old friends. The best B&B as yet! We'll be returning.
And the best thing is that we have another reservation for this weekend. By gosh, this Bed and Breakfast thing just might work!

I just reread that sentence and this is WHY you should not stream music at your desk while typing,...or singing along, even worse. DOH!.
Our First Review:
What an absolutely lovely place! Words can't describe the hospitality, kindness and the attention to detail the Tarins supplied. From fishing off the bridge to laying in the hammocks, the peacefulness and relaxation have been rejuvenating! The well-cut trails are an adventure and offer a bit of exercise if your in the mood for that. The room was immaculate, the bed so comfortable it was hard to leave it. I think the sheets must have been Egyptian cotton. The internet photos don't do the cottages justice. Breakfasts were to die for! ... A gourmet meal each morning. We enjoyed our visit with Marilyn and Randy, they feel like old friends. The best B&B as yet! We'll be returning.
And the best thing is that we have another reservation for this weekend. By gosh, this Bed and Breakfast thing just might work!
ProudTexan said:
Our First Review:
EXCELLENT! Made ya feel great. We're proud of you and all your hard work. Always proud when another innkeeper gets good kudos too!

Our First Review:
That's great! A good review, and a tip on what needs work on the website (making it so the web photos do the cabins justice) ;)

Our First Review:
That's great! A good review, and a tip on what needs work on the website (making it so the web photos do the cabins justice) ;)
swirt said:
I've got to get access to a better camera with at least a good 28mm lens. All I've got is a 3.2 Pixel Canon Powershot. It never gets the color right and there is terrible spherical distortion.

We close for the season around the middle of November .... I usually don't get to use a fresh roll until mid January. It is cause for celebration .... what?? it gets really quiet here in the winter...even the very little stuff is cause for celebration ;)
swirt said:
I'll keep that middle of November in mind now that I have family in your neck of the woods! When do you reopen?

swirt said:
I'll keep that middle of November in mind now that I have family in your neck of the woods! When do you reopen?
Usually we open mid-April. We plan it based on DW's school. They get an April break so we open the weekend at the tail end of that. Gives us the week to get the place cleaned up from the winter. Though next year is a bit up in the air right now. We may be scaling back a bit more to make room for ....other things ;)

ProudTexan said:
Swirt that was a good new innkeeper blessing, may I add, may your water pressure be strong, your beds filled with happy guests,and may your half empty toilet rolls runneth over!
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
ProudTexan said:
We fretted about the coffee....they loved the coffee. We were nervous about the fruit and main dish, they cleaned their plates and ooed and ahhed (sp?) everything we presented down to the orange juice and the biscuits and condiments. They've complimented us so much we're blushing.
At last being anal having an eye for detail has paid off!

Back