First Booking!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
WE GOT OUR VERY FIRST BOOKING!
We're both excited and a little anxious about it, but we just need to remember that we had enough confidence in ourselves to start this venture. We've done our homework and received a lot of great advice from this forum. I think we're ready.
Nice comments from the person making the reservation about our website with its descriptions and lots of pictures. Hopefully, they'll enjoy the real thing. I work this 72 acres everyday and finished out the cottages and our home myself, so I see the place warts and all. I banking on them seeing the charm of the place and overlooking what I deem areas that need work on. I a bit of a perfectionist. It drives DW crazy!

GOOD LUCK
thumbs_up.gif
AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!
regular_smile.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!
That's great!! I still get excited about reservations, but that first one is the most exciting (and nerve wracking)!
YOU'LL BE GREAT!
=)
Kk.

Relax and enjoy them! Don't hover if they want to do their own thing. I still have to hold Chris back!!
Riki

No one will see any warts!
Congratulations. You will always remember your first guests. They will feel special as well.

Congrats! We had our first guests in July, and as was said earlier, you'll remember them always.
We took pictures of the first guests and posted on our blog!

Congrats!! Yes, I still remember our first guests. In year #13 and I still get excited whenwe get a reservation.
My theory is that when taking a reservation no longer excites me, it is the day to close up shop.

Wow! how excited you must be... I can remember our 1 guests - it's an awesome experience!!

Best of luck to you. We are doing the same thing that you did. Building it ourselves. LOTS of work. Glad so see you made it!
thumbs_up.gif

We just celebrated our 6 month anniversary and over 100 guests ... I remember being excited and nervous before they arrived. First breakfast ... so much stress. I too want everything to be perfect.
Each time a new reservation comes in it is exciting. We are still smiling.
Congratulations!! How very exciting!! :)

Well now! They've arrived and not only did they NOT see the warts but all they could do was go on and on about how beautiful everything was.
The lady is a flight attendant for American Airlines and he's, well he's a good old country boy. He was the one that wanted to stay at the Best Western, but was so glad that his wife talked him into coming here. They just got here and they are ready to come back!
We'll see how the weekend plays out and see if they still want to be our NBFFL!

Well now! They've arrived and not only did they NOT see the warts but all they could do was go on and on about how beautiful everything was.
The lady is a flight attendant for American Airlines and he's, well he's a good old country boy. He was the one that wanted to stay at the Best Western, but was so glad that his wife talked him into coming here. They just got here and they are ready to come back!
We'll see how the weekend plays out and see if they still want to be our NBFFL!.
ProudTexan said:
We'll see how the weekend plays out and see if they still want to be our NBFFL!
Very nice!

We'll see how the weekend plays out and see if they still want to be our NBFFL!.
Well done! Your bathroom is destined to be stocked with many a half-roll of toilet paper. (an innkeeper blessing of sorts) ;)

Huge CONGRATS !!! You're on your way .... and I'm sure you're doing everything perfectly. You may look back on your first days and cringe, but I am very very sure that your guests will have nothing but THE BEST memories. Wait 'til they come back - you'll be convinced so much has changed and they'll do nothing but rave about how wonderful you were .... and still are.

Back