First Cancellation: Did I handle it the right way?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, this was a business traveler and she says she, or someone from her company, is here yearly, so I'd like to encourage the repeat business.
Also had a business traveler last night. A one-night stay but she's an executive with the bank chain that holds my mortgage, so I made an exception to the 2-night minimum!

A very nicely worded reply. We all have our policies and ways we bend them;)
I do have a different policy for business guests meeting certain criteria: 1 person, traveling Sun-Thurs. and I have a shorter time frame to cancel. This came along as I saw how my business grew and a way to attract business travelers who would prefer to stay at a smaller property than the big chains. Business travel can be nixed at any given time so being more flexible may be rewarded with more business.
Glad for this discussion, some of these other ideas I am taking mental note of to incorporate..
copperhead said:
I do have a different policy for business guests meeting certain criteria: 1 person, traveling Sun-Thurs. and I have a shorter time frame to cancel. This came along as I saw how my business grew and a way to attract business travelers who would prefer to stay at a smaller property than the big chains. Business travel can be nixed at any given time so being more flexible may be rewarded with more business.
Glad for this discussion, some of these other ideas I am taking mental note of to incorporate.
How do you know if they're business travelers?
Proud Texan said:
copperhead said:
Glad for this discussion, some of these other ideas I am taking mental note of to incorporate.
How do you know if they're business travelers?
I ask! 99% are going to one of the gov. facilities around here and are using a gov issued CC as well.

I had a pretty lenient cancellation policy here. But, for biz guests I was even more lax and it paid big dividends. The biz guests were the second largest part of my business and I wanted to keep it that way.
Let us know how this worked out. You might want to relax your policy for business guests.

I had a pretty lenient cancellation policy here. But, for biz guests I was even more lax and it paid big dividends. The biz guests were the second largest part of my business and I wanted to keep it that way.
Let us know how this worked out. You might want to relax your policy for business guests..
Samster said:
Let us know how this worked out. You might want to relax your policy for business guests.
She thanked me very much for applying the credit to a future stay, and had me send her an receipt so she could get reimbursed by her employer. So the credit is for the company now, not necessarily her. She said it will probably be someone else coming next month, but she'll let them know mine is the place to stay!

Let us know how this worked out. You might want to relax your policy for business guests..
Samster said:
She thanked me very much for applying the credit to a future stay, and had me send her an receipt so she could get reimbursed by her employer. So the credit is for the company now, not necessarily her. She said it will probably be someone else coming next month, but she'll let them know mine is the place to stay!
Sounds like it worked out. Good job!!

Samster said:
Excellent!

Back