First guests

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddburme

Reaction score
We had our opening weekend. The full house thing fell through so it was a slower open which I think was a good thing. I went down to help out and just sort of ended up buying some more stuff and furniture. No guest interaction. But it turns out one of the bigger groups was someone I knew and it was just a coincidence that they were there. We found out through mutual friends by facebook photos last night. Nice reply to out thank you email, and they want to come back next year and will tell friends. Then they followed up with a Tri pad visor all 5 stars. I now need to tell them who the owner is where they stayed hahaha. I have to say i credit this forum with our decision to only go foreward if we could have a real innkeeper and so far... WOW!
Thanks for all of your input into my initial post.

Good job Todd!
You have learned the first lesson of whole house bookings. I think the same one we all have learned and now know yourself why we go on and on and warn about them. 2/3 will fall through and leave you holding the bag, so you end up stiffening up your policies from that, right? We all have done it. Lose potential rooms from a whole house cancellation.

Good for you....and continued good luck with this venture....keep us posted!
thumbs_up.gif

Congratulations! I'm so glad things have worked out well for you! We may be tough on some folks, but it's only because we want people to succeed. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us!

You will always remember your first guests. It won't belong before they all become a blur.
ghostsmiley.gif

Congrats! Have fun and keep your sense of humor.

Yes, we have implemented the deposit up front and the cancellation fee. No need to reinvent the wheel when I have you guys. ;)
Biggest headache so far was opening on the old photos as the rooms were not ready until the last minute so now we have bookings on the old photos. So far no complaints but it makes us nervous. So working on that as we speak.

Back