First Natural Disaster at the Inn

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got this photo. This photo is looking south on US Rte 19 about 2 miles north of my house. it was taken 6/29/2012.
Shinnston_Funnel_Cloud_6-29-12.jpg

The storms in Virginia barrelled right through my neighborhood and reached you more quickly than I could have gotten there in my car. This article explains what happened and has links to a time-lapse radar..
The MOST incredible storm I've ever witnessed.
Penelope said:
And has your husband been home since it started or is he working round the clock on trying to ge the power back up?
=)
Kk.

The storms in Virginia barrelled right through my neighborhood and reached you more quickly than I could have gotten there in my car. This article explains what happened and has links to a time-lapse radar..
Penelope said:
And has your husband been home since it started or is he working round the clock on trying to ge the power back up?
=)
Kk.
Yep- 'round the clock.

I just got this photo. This photo is looking south on US Rte 19 about 2 miles north of my house. it was taken 6/29/2012.
Shinnston_Funnel_Cloud_6-29-12.jpg
Holy Cow!!! That brings me back to a few years I lived in Iowa....many close calls but no direct hits. Sooooo scary!

I'm so sorry for your damage and all the headaches it will bring. Who knows, during reconstruction you may come up with a better alternative way do present your property. Hopefully, you'll get a fast response from your insurance company and repairs will go smoothly.
I empathize with you about the loss of your large tree. We lost a huge oak tree to the drought this year. It's saddening, not only for the loss of life but because it changes the whole nature of your property.
We had a storm like that about 2 years ago WHILE GUESTS WERE HERE. No one was hurt, but we lost a big tree and all the San Augustine grass that grew in it's shade is now gone and there is an unusable deck there where a nice shaded one used to be. We're having to have a covering built over the deck for some shade.

Back