First time for everything

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Guests who blew by me the other day to get to their room, didn't want the spiel, didn't want anything from me but a corkscrew who subsequently were found in the kitchen cutting things directly on the counter, couldn't let themselves back in the house because they weren't listening to the code, left empties all over the place- apologized this morning.
They actually thanked me for not slapping them upside the head and apologized again for not looking around them or listening when I told them things.

Forgot to mention that at breakfast this morning they both turned down the starter because it had one ingredient in it they do not like. (An easily picked out ingredient I might add. But I was not picking it out for them.) I overheard them saying they both sent their appetizers back at the restaurant they went to because of this same easily picked out ingredient.
Not like it was deeply mixed in and imparting a 'flavor' to the dish, just sprinkled on top.

Forgot to mention that at breakfast this morning they both turned down the starter because it had one ingredient in it they do not like. (An easily picked out ingredient I might add. But I was not picking it out for them.) I overheard them saying they both sent their appetizers back at the restaurant they went to because of this same easily picked out ingredient.
Not like it was deeply mixed in and imparting a 'flavor' to the dish, just sprinkled on top..
We have a friend who is allergic to paprika which is often used as a garnish to make things "pretty".

Wow! At least they realized the error of their ways - a little late but sorry goes a long way!

Not like it was deeply mixed in and imparting a 'flavor' to the dish, just sprinkled on top..
We have a friend who is allergic to paprika which is often used as a garnish to make things "pretty".
gillumhouse said:
FYI Paprika is in the same family as my bell pepper allergy. It is in so many things, besides what we actually cook. BBQ sauces (bottled), steak seasonings, salad dressings, etc. for color. Pimientos used to stuff green olives are also related and used in pimiento cheese.
BTW I barf a lot, or nearly, I have a purse full of antihistamines that I take like candy if I ever eat out. (Sorry TMI) but it is the truth. There is a fantastic cajun restaurant not far, there is virtually nothing I can eat on the menu, we were invited out and I had to decline. I sounded like a picky eater, but it is in gumbo, jumbalia and all seasonings - many of the blackened seasoning spices add paprika as well.
The good news: I can eat chili powder, I can eat jalapenos, which I do all the time! But I have to read a bottle or see what it in something like salsa, or I just won't eat it. I can't afford to eat it.

If it was an allergy, I would understand. If it was something imbedded in the food, I would get it. It was placed on top and could have been picked right off. Same at the restaurant. They could just have picked it off the top but they had to make a scene.
It was just part and parcel of the whole attitude.

If it was an allergy, I would understand. If it was something imbedded in the food, I would get it. It was placed on top and could have been picked right off. Same at the restaurant. They could just have picked it off the top but they had to make a scene.
It was just part and parcel of the whole attitude..
LIGHTS!!! CAMERA!!!!! ACTION!!!

If it's a true allergy, even just having it sitting on top of something can be a problem. (Not saying that's the case here, but you never know...)
It's like the gluten-free thing. I was surprised when I ran into a friend of mine at our new bakery and mentioned that I hoped that they came through on their promise to make some gluten-free things. She remarked, "Oh, yeah, that's such a fad though!" Then I reminded her of a couple of mutual friends that have celiac disease. It's not a fad or choice for those folks, they cannot tolerate gluten. (Went through lots and lots of testing, etc.)

It was just part and parcel of the whole attitude..
I once put a fruit cup on the table and the guest (who of course had NOT told me of her allergy) asked if that was mango. Being told yes, said she could not have anything that had even touched mango. One of the guys who works at the produce place cannot even touch a papaya because of his allergy - so when they have papayas, someone else stocks those.

If it's a true allergy, even just having it sitting on top of something can be a problem. (Not saying that's the case here, but you never know...)
It's like the gluten-free thing. I was surprised when I ran into a friend of mine at our new bakery and mentioned that I hoped that they came through on their promise to make some gluten-free things. She remarked, "Oh, yeah, that's such a fad though!" Then I reminded her of a couple of mutual friends that have celiac disease. It's not a fad or choice for those folks, they cannot tolerate gluten. (Went through lots and lots of testing, etc.).
Samster said:
Not an allergy. They even said it wasn't an allergy just that they 'didn't want it'. It would be akin to not liking grapes and refusing a plate that had grapes on it. Not mixed in, just on it.

It's like the gluten-free thing. I was surprised when I ran into a friend of mine at our new bakery and mentioned that I hoped that they came through on their promise to make some gluten-free things. She remarked, "Oh, yeah, that's such a fad though!" Then I reminded her of a couple of mutual friends that have celiac disease. It's not a fad or choice for those folks, they cannot tolerate gluten. (Went through lots and lots of testing, etc.).
Samster said:
Not an allergy. They even said it wasn't an allergy just that they 'didn't want it'. It would be akin to not liking grapes and refusing a plate that had grapes on it. Not mixed in, just on it.
Aha! Got it!
embaressed_smile.gif

OK...did you pick the grape thing because you know that I'm not a fan of grapes for breakfast?? tee hee hee.... j/k
My new answer is people be cRaZy!
omg_smile.gif

Back