Fitbit weekly report of innkeeper's activities

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mountain Inn

Reaction score
When fitbit.com sent my weekly fitbit activity report by email yesterday, even I was surprised. My fitbit records numbers of steps, numbers of miles, numbers of flights of stairs I walk in each day and provides weekly reports. A little "dongle" in a USB port of the computer picks up the info when I am near the computer and updates activities. Personally, I am amazed at the amount of personal movement required to be the innkeeper in a busy October week. The fitbit credits going up the stairs as a flight of stairs, with NO credit for coming down, except counting the steps for total steps walked. I started using the fitbit in the summer as an exercise incentive. Today when I was feeling a bit like a hamster on a habitrail going into and out of the laundry room, and upstairs and downstairs (always careful to carry something each way and have no wasted trip), I was reminded to check the weekly fitbit activity report.
I am wondering if any other innkeeper on this forum is having fitbit fits with the fall rush? We have just 7 rooms, and 3 floors in the building - yet the amount of personal movement activity recorded is an eye opener. I have done this for almost a decade now, but truly had no idea of the physical activity (recorded that is, not just achy feet, etc.) required as an innkeeper. www.fitbit.com And, no, I do not work for fitbit.

I wore a pedometer one summer and found I walked several miles just during breakfast.

I had a fitbit for a very short time, but I got it wet and it stopped working :( I do remember logging over six miles on it one day, and that was a typical day of inn keeping for a two story, four guest room, 4000 square foot inn.

Back