Five cinema-cations around the world

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I decided to use this theme for a Drive in theater article instead, to book your stay here and drive-in to nostalgia. Against my Gen -X and Gen-Y marketing plan, but we had a young man stay with us to take his new bride to a drive in movie, so it might still appeal to them.
The problem with movie sets is they are movie sets, so they build them for a particular movie and take them down. Although I know of a basement where are pieces of a set from a movie filmed near here. The owners have zero interest in them, wish I could get my hands on them!

Yeah, I've got tons of books written about here or by authors who live here. The only one that has had anything done with it is the Tommyknockers Tour.
One place up north really plays on being the location for Peyton Place.
I've never had a guest ask if anything famous was written or filmed here. I'm not sure how many guests even care.
I think the drive-in would be a hoot for the younger crowd!

I decided to use this theme for a Drive in theater article instead, to book your stay here and drive-in to nostalgia. Against my Gen -X and Gen-Y marketing plan, but we had a young man stay with us to take his new bride to a drive in movie, so it might still appeal to them.
The problem with movie sets is they are movie sets, so they build them for a particular movie and take them down. Although I know of a basement where are pieces of a set from a movie filmed near here. The owners have zero interest in them, wish I could get my hands on them!.
The set of the front of the cafe where Jimmy Hoffa was last seen for the movie Hoffa was very near where we lived in Illinois. It was just the parking lot and facade - and it was there until it finally rotted away. Not all of them are torn down afterward.

Had guests recently visit Walton's Mountain and said it was nothing, a run down nothing with a sign "This was Godsby's store location" or something.

Any "Burn Notice" fans out there? Burn Notice is filmed right here - I mean right here, as in my parking lot and the building on the premises here. Sometimes they film on my dock, or on the water in my fairway, or on the street causing the occasional road closure.

I've stayed at the inn where Misty of Chincoteaque was written...even in the exact room :) I wasn't impressed...sorry.

I've stayed at the inn where Misty of Chincoteaque was written...even in the exact room :) I wasn't impressed...sorry..
catlady said:
I've stayed at the inn where Misty of Chincoteaque was written...even in the exact room
Me, too! Same room, many years ago. I loved those books as a kid. It did freak me out to see Misty stuffed in a museum though. I haven't been back to Chincoteague since then but we are going the second week of June for a mini-vacation. This time we rented a condo.

Any "Burn Notice" fans out there? Burn Notice is filmed right here - I mean right here, as in my parking lot and the building on the premises here. Sometimes they film on my dock, or on the water in my fairway, or on the street causing the occasional road closure..
Sanctuary in Miami said:
Any "Burn Notice" fans out there?
I love that show, and Bruce Campbell. Someone else on the forum had the cast of 'In Plain Sight' stay at her place.
They shot a huge amount of footage for 'Gods and Generals' near here, and used a lot of people in town as extras. Then they cut all those scenes from the movie.

I've stayed at the inn where Misty of Chincoteaque was written...even in the exact room :) I wasn't impressed...sorry..
catlady said:
I've stayed at the inn where Misty of Chincoteaque was written...even in the exact room
Me, too! Same room, many years ago. I loved those books as a kid. It did freak me out to see Misty stuffed in a museum though. I haven't been back to Chincoteague since then but we are going the second week of June for a mini-vacation. This time we rented a condo.
We haven't been in a couple of years. Used to love to ride our bikes there. If my back ever improves I hope to do it again ...someday. The new owners of the Island Manor Inn...same ones who own 'Misty's place" now...have really spruced up and upgraded the place. If you get a chance stop by to see them.

I have had many guests tell me to stay here in Chincoteague. Is this where yo stayed Catlady?
Ahhh a new website here
Info here on Misty.
YES. Oh great new website too...they must be doing well as they purchased this place across the street too. Very nice couple...she's British. Looks like they now have innkeepers running both places for them. So don't know how hands on they are any more.
They had that place and web site..totally redone. The previous owner went bankrupt:-( Sad story. Innside Out did both sites. Very nice.

We had the scene from Robin hood prince of theives where little john knocks robin in the river just near us (the kevin costner one) Agatha Christie stayed in the hotel where my partner works and they filmed the film Agatha there with Dustin Hoffman. Where I used to work was built by the Carter Family who discovered tutan carmoon's tomb. Emerdale which is a popular tv series is filmed about 15 mins drive away and they do tours of the village. Alice in wonderland (jonny Depp) was filmed in fountains abbey which is about 15 mins drive as well as scenes from The Secret Garden. Jane Eyre was filmed nearby and we also have the homes of the Bronte Family and Austin familyies you can see the family homes and places and families that the books were based on for example sense and sensibility. We are lucky that we have so many places used for film sets as it helps pay for them to be looked after.

We had the scene from Robin hood prince of theives where little john knocks robin in the river just near us (the kevin costner one) Agatha Christie stayed in the hotel where my partner works and they filmed the film Agatha there with Dustin Hoffman. Where I used to work was built by the Carter Family who discovered tutan carmoon's tomb. Emerdale which is a popular tv series is filmed about 15 mins drive away and they do tours of the village. Alice in wonderland (jonny Depp) was filmed in fountains abbey which is about 15 mins drive as well as scenes from The Secret Garden. Jane Eyre was filmed nearby and we also have the homes of the Bronte Family and Austin familyies you can see the family homes and places and families that the books were based on for example sense and sensibility. We are lucky that we have so many places used for film sets as it helps pay for them to be looked after..
We had the scene from Robin hood prince of theives where little john knocks robin in the river just near us (the kevin costner one) Agatha Christie stayed in the hotel where my partner works and they filmed the film Agatha there with Dustin Hoffman. Where I used to work was built by the Carter Family who discovered tutan carmoon's tomb. Emerdale which is a popular tv series is filmed about 15 mins drive away and they do tours of the village. Alice in wonderland (jonny Depp) was filmed in fountains abbey which is about 15 mins drive as well as scenes from The Secret Garden. Jane Eyre was filmed nearby and we also have the homes of the Bronte Family and Austin familyies you can see the family homes and places and families that the books were based on for example sense and sensibility. We are lucky that we have so many places used for film sets as it helps pay for them to be looked after.
Wow, that's quite a list!
thumbs_up.gif

Back