FLABBERGASTED

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agoodman

Reaction score
NEVER HAVE I HAD ANYTHING LIKE THIS
I won't comment on the message Boards cause i have nothing nice to say..I am hurting from my stay there as the bed was on the ceiling and the pitiful couch was on the floor..We will not be back nor will we give it a good name..Most B&B's I have heard about served you meals snacks were available 24/7..We were never offered anything..Plus we ran out of Toilet tissue and had to use Kleenex we found in the closet..Then finally before we left i told Judy to lift the thing the luggage was on and finally found some tissue..This so called Carriage House was nothing more than a built in garage..Plus Trains all night long. We could not wait.. To get out of there..Oh Thanks for Milk and banana's
I have no clue what she means about the bed was on the ceiling (it's on the floor, it's a ground floor cottage) or the pitiful couch (a beautiful L shaped one) was on the floor (where should it have been?)
I always provide bottled water in the fridge - they had asked for Dr Pepper and Iced Tea - I stocked their fridge. She mentioned her sister may want some dinner (and had problems walking) - I offered a sandwich, she declined but accepted bananas and milk. She told me that evening they would not be having breakfast as they had been invited to friends, I offered to make muffins for them to take with, she declined. I don't advertise that I offer snacks but had they said ANYTHING I would have made a small cheese and fruit plate. Toilet tissue? There were 2 extra rolls in the bathroom drawer, not to mention a new roll on check in and they only stayed one night ..
I checked with them on several occassions, they were so happy, out in the garden, telling me how happy they were to play with my pets, how they missed their dog.
I am sitting here scratching my head!!!!! I write back an "apology" and get back
We NEVER saw any drawer in the bathroom and what i meant by the bed ..It was way to high off the floor and the Cough was way to low to the floor..You need a small love seat in there with a recliner .It would help with your older People..The only drawer i saw was under the sink in the bathroom and i didnt think it worked since the sink was there..

The bed is normal height. The couch is normal height. Yes there is a drawer. My website says meals other than breakfast available on request and with advance notice. Sigh. my notes DO NOT REACCOMODATE

Agood the thing I heard from innkeepers who stayed with you and then with us was that the carriage house was delightful!

Thank you Joey, I have NEVER had ONE person say anything near this!! Their initial emails were "odd" to say the least, quite "normal" on the phone but they did not say anything but good during their stay

They sound like they have some kind of mental disorder to me, seriously.
RIki

These things hurt especially when they come from way out in left field and knock you for a loop.
Thank goodness they sent this to YOU and not post a review... but even if they had (or do), the wording was very odd and would most likely be brushed off by readers especially with a great worded response.
Some people you can never please no matter how hard you try. I wonder if they try this with everywhere they stay, see if they get a refund... glad you didn't bite.

Very odd... never any food... thanks for the bananas and milk.

I am so very sorry you got slammed by obvious idiots. There is no way your could have stayed in business as long as you have if those words were true. Just reading it made me wonder what the heck they were talking about. Just monitor TA. You KNOW how to answer such stupidity. It does hurt when you do as they ask and then they accuse you of not doing what you usually do but didn't at their request.

As someone who has been kicked in the head by a similar review this week you have my deepest sympathy some people are just wack jobs but its the ones that say how lovely everything was during the stay and write things like that that hurt me the most if they were dicks while there were there are least you would be mentally braced for it. People are retarded about toilet paper room 3 came down saying could they have some more went up with them to check and there was two rolls on the stand next to the toilet go figure.

This sounds so hostile...I can never understand that after they've been "peaches and cream" to your face as you stated. I would chalk it up to 2 older people not really knowing what they were getting into and so were never going to be happy at all. It's still frustrating though, I think you were gracious to apologize.

This sounds so hostile...I can never understand that after they've been "peaches and cream" to your face as you stated. I would chalk it up to 2 older people not really knowing what they were getting into and so were never going to be happy at all. It's still frustrating though, I think you were gracious to apologize..
Don Draper said:
This sounds so hostile...I can never understand that after they've been "peaches and cream" to your face as you stated. I would chalk it up to 2 older people not really knowing what they were getting into and so were never going to be happy at all. It's still frustrating though, I think you were gracious to apologize.
Yep.
This brought it all back, that couple who did this very same thing. We could not have been any more gracious to them. When they interrupted our FAMILY DINNER at 730PM in the kitchen to ask "HOW DO WE GET NEXT DOOR" yes, a house next door, RIGHT NEXT DOOR, no gate, no fence you walk over and there you are... and I JUMPED UP from the table and walked them out on the porch to show them...apparently THAT WAS NOT FLIPPIN' GOOD ENOUGH! They never said "Oh sorry to disturb you" either.
I was having flashbacks and anxiety of those miserable sobs (oops I meant to type SODS,but I will leave that there as well ha ha) after reading this post. And then we all say "Those people will never be happy" and leave it at that. Nothing you could do, they were set off by something and from then on...the rest is history!!

Oh and I have to add that before they told me they would be "having breakfast with friends" they had asked if I could bring them breakfast in the room, I had said no problem ... I don't usually take breakfast to the cottage, it is in the main house.. apparently I should have stood on my head and done cartwheels ???

This sounds so hostile...I can never understand that after they've been "peaches and cream" to your face as you stated. I would chalk it up to 2 older people not really knowing what they were getting into and so were never going to be happy at all. It's still frustrating though, I think you were gracious to apologize..
Don Draper said:
Yep.
This brought it all back, that couple who did this very same thing. We could not have been any more gracious to them. When they interrupted our FAMILY DINNER at 730PM in the kitchen to ask "HOW DO WE GET NEXT DOOR" yes, a house next door, RIGHT NEXT DOOR, no gate, no fence you walk over and there you are... and I JUMPED UP from the table and walked them out on the porch to show them...apparently THAT WAS NOT FLIPPIN' GOOD ENOUGH! They never said "Oh sorry to disturb you" either.
I was having flashbacks and anxiety of those miserable sobs (oops I meant to type SODS,but I will leave that there as well ha ha) after reading this post. And then we all say "Those people will never be happy" and leave it at that. Nothing you could do, they were set off by something and from then on...the rest is history!!
Hey, those same kids who hand out the menus for lunch? They were there again today so I popped over to talk to them. One of them said she got so mad yesterday she said, 'That was rude,' when someone looked her up and down and then turned her back. I guess the woman came right back, up in her face and said, 'WHAT did you just say to me?' The menu kid said, 'Would you like a menu? That's what I said.'

RIki.
You said it first, I agree. Bed on the ceiling? Couch on the Floor? WACKY!!!
white pine said:
OK, so don't all laugh, but I completely understood what the guests meant.
AG stating that everything is 'normal height' makes me wonder if one of the guests is really short and one really tall?

I worked in a large hotel which I left just as they were starting a massive refurb and was invited back to take a look. It was plain the designer had no clue about the hotel industry all the beds were futon style on the floor (so great for anyone with a mobility imparement) and had a wide wood with sharp corners box type frame round great for barking your shins on in the dark in an unfamiliar place. DUH!

RIki.
white pine said:
OK, so don't all laugh, but I completely understood what the guests meant.
AG stating that everything is 'normal height' makes me wonder if one of the guests is really short and one really tall?
Nope both around 5'6 .... one had problems walking but no cane, no walker, no wheelchair, both around 180lbs, the bed is not raised and the sofa has normal legs, not a futon

OMG agoodman-that is so awful and im so sure none or it is true and the whole thing just didn't sound normal as all have said-nontheless it still hurts-i'm so sorry

We haven't had one at the B&B but i have had this type of thing at another business. It is a % thing. 1% of people are a bit off and can't be pleased. Still ruins the day though...

Back